When do I need a jet kit

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mdsiman

Reaction score
I just bought a 2002 warrior all stock and in awesome condition, I'm planning on putting a kn intake and hmf slip-on on it. My question is would I need a jet kit?

So I will need a different jet with just the slip on and intake? Cuz my buddy told me I didn't unless I got a full exhaust, he's been running an intake Nd slip on on his 400ex without changing the jet

So I will need a different jet with just the slip on and intake? Cuz my buddy told me I didn't unless I got a full exhaust, he's been running an intake Nd slip on on his 400ex without changing the jet

it will "run" much like your friends 400, but its not properly tuned i'm sure, so he's not getting the full power potential from the mods he put on. the intake and exhaust opened up the engine's breathing capabilities, making it require more fuel, maybe not a ton more, but every hp counts as does having a perfect running engine

True yea I might just wait a few months before I start modding it then,cuz I don't want anything to happen yet since I just got it ha. Should I be using premium gas or is regular fine ?

True yea I might just wait a few months before I start modding it then,cuz I don't want anything to happen yet since I just got it ha. Should I be using premium gas or is regular fine ?

you can just call whatever company makes the exhaust your buying, tell them where you live and they can give you a jet recomendation that will get you very close to what you need, and just buy that single jet for a few bucks, i've always done that in the past and never had an issue, i've always dealt with pro circuit tho, maybe the other companies arent as good with the tech support.

Cool thanks man, is regular gas fine to use on these quads?

Cool thanks man, is regular gas fine to use on these quads?

stock engine it will be fine, mine is stock but i run super just because i'm used to buying it for my modded 2 strokes, feels like i'm doing something wrong if i buy regular

Yeah I might just start buying premium just for the hell of it

Back