Wheelie machine inside.........

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your entitled to your own opinion!

But in my own opinion a 2WD truck with a lift on it is ******* stupid! And why would I need more ground clearence I don't think I will need to drive over and buffalos anytime soon.

2xtreme said it best:
2WD = slammed to hell
4WD = lifted to the heavens

Frames were made to drag the ground!

True story right there.

Just bought a 2000 sonoma, and yesterday i bought lowering spindles,coils,leafs, and blocks for a 4/5 drop for now. Wiaiting to install it when it warms up a bit. lol.

Nice. I hope you enjoy a lower ride. I had lower springs on my car and will never do it again. The blazer will be getting the royal AIR treatment. I couldn't stand the ride of my car bouncing around like a circus clown.

It wont be bad. I traded trucks with my buddy for a week that had a 4/5 drop and it was a pretty smooth ride. Turning radius wasn't the best but it was fun to drive. Trim down the bump stops a bit and its smooth.

Can't wait to be lower to the ground and out of the nose bleed section

i just think cars should be the ones gettin lower ive never like lowered trucks... y not lift a 2wd truck it will look good and it will have better ground clearence u can wheel a 2wd truck just keep on the gas prolly wont make it as far but it still be fun....just my .02
Why lift a 2wd? That's why people get 4x4's. People don't buy 2wd's to wheel with, its pretty pointless. A 2wd is for a DD. Some people, like myself and Pelp, just like dressing them up a bit more.

Thank you! And yeah, the ride shouldn't be all that bad. My car was slammed as far as it could go and still have enough room to turn. That was the beauty about coil overs :)

But in the end they sucked and cost me more in damage then anything. But I look forward to seeing before and after pictures of the truck.

ya lower 2wd b.c you wouldent go muddin and **** iwth them but 4wd you would so raise them and lower the 2wd

Ive seen some sick 2wd lifted show trucks but yea i know ya cant do as much with a 2wd truck but it still looks cool lifted. If i had the choice od liftin a 2wd and dropping it id deffinatly lift it just cause i think it looks better but i guess its what u like best thats just my opinion. My truck is pointless to do anything with its just too cheap haha. That shits alot of money to lift and lower trucks, suspentionworx i bet u make good money with that huh

I would assume he makes good money. The demand for lowering/lifting trucks gets larger by the year. I went with my buddy to drop his 2001 Toyota Tacoma off in Tennessee to get his air bags put on. I got a quote while I was there and it was like 4500 for everything for my blazer to lay on the ground with 20 inch wheels. I would assume labor is over half of the quote and the other smaller amount were the parts.

Don't get me wrong I like lifted trucks too, and once I get a 4WD I will most likely lift it. But my 2WD blazer is going to hug mother earth :D

4500 for a bagged blazer on 20s isnt bad at all....blazers are a bitch kus there is no bed to take off...im just finishing up the yellow one on my site.....hopefully be seein it in minitruckin this summer.

I'll have to find the name of the shop. He done a feature in mini truckin not to long ago. And speaking of mini truckin I just got my new issue today. There is a blazer in the "Scrapin' the coast 05" on page 82 that is very noice. I would assume it has a body drop also??

Yes that yellow blazer on your site is nice as hell.

And if you got a feature rolling out in the future keep me updated I get the magazine every month.

I have had MiniTruckin delivered for the last 8 years ;D

All I have to say is "If I have to explain, you wouldn't understand."

I have help built my share of mini's and big trucks, and even a few tuners and low riders, you have to have love for every form of custom vehicle...

Here's my old truck, 97 Ranger laid hard on hydro's and more body work then you could ever guess. Just wish she would have been painted, so I could have enjoyed it even more R.I.P.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v166/Grounded1997/fc0869f7.jpg

its called getting in over your head, I tried to stock floor it, never done that before on my own though, and I just didn't like the way it was turning out and funds ran dry due to getting laid off so I parted it out. Hope to build another one in a few years after I get settled into a house and get a pole barn shop so I can work on vehicles again

Your blazer should be sweet! you don't see too many laid out SUV's compaired to trucks.

Yeah I am looking forward to it. It all happened out so badly though. My car got totaled by a moron without insurance. And the insurance screwd me over its a long story. But I found this 98 blazer the new front end luckily with 107,000 miles and talked the dealer to 6,000 even. The only thing that I really wanted was a 2wd 4 door. And that is what I got. I love toyota trucks. But I need more cab room and even the extra cabs aren't roomy enough for me.

So the next best thing a chevy s-10 blazer. I always wanted a mini truck, and that was the perfect time to get what I wanted. I am currently looking for a new job and as soon as I get one I am getting a new vehicle and taking insurance off of the blazer and after the quad gets most of its work done the blazer is next.

Bullock's Body Works is the shop name. Jason is a cool guy does all the work in his garage with his neighboor. He had back to back cover trucks that he built on Mini Truckin a couple months ago.

Thanks gabe, I knew you would finally post a comment. I didn't know when but I knew once this thread starting talking about trucks you would have your input.

Here is a picture of Gabes 2001 (Correct me if I am wrong) tucoma that bullocks body works did. It isn't air all the way out. But It sure does look good, however it would look better with some chrome ;)

RappyTaco.jpg

Back