WHEEL SPACERS??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laraptor350

Reaction score
i will never trust spacers, im sure there are a few people that will and will start an argument, thats my opinion....flip your rims if you have to but dont buy spacers

Wheel spacers have too many flaws that i'm not going to get in-detail about. I think the best way to go for a cheap way to widen your quad is to flip the wheels (if you don't know what this means ask and i'll explain it). With your raptor you won't be able to flip the rear wheels because that will actually make it narrower, but the G-Force extended hubs are only a few dollars more than wheel spacers and are a much better way to go.

warriorspeed, if you dont mind me asking, what is it that you dont like about them so i know if it's a legitimate gripe or just personal opinion...any bad experiences??

no i didnt have experience with them because im not going to trust something that goes between your wheels and the quad just to make it wider....so i bought offset rims for the warrior and flipped the rims on the blaster....what will happen if something goes wrong with a spacer....your done for, and im not going to chance it, tires falling off is enugh thank you lmao

Ok, but what happens when you snap a tie rod (possibly at speed) because of the flipped wheels???? The only way I'd suggest flipping your wheels is if you have some good aftermarket tie rods, cause the stock ones are total junk. If you ride hard with flipped wheels, it's only a matter of time till you break one. Not a fan of spacers either....

anubody can snap a tierod no matter what with stock tires and rims with spacers, aftermarket rims or flipped rims, it doesnt make a difference youll bent a tie rod some time in your life....i ride ******* hard and dont nail trees and i havent bent or broke a tie rod yet

Yeah, anybody "can" snap a tie rod at some point in time. It does make a difference if the wheels are flipped. All that extra bump steer, and when you get crossed up in ruts really bad, that all stresses the hell out of them. It happened to me, and a couple others I know who had flipped wheels. And I'm not talking about hitting trees or anything like that, just from riding. If you ride hard enough you'll eventually break everything on the quad, but the crappy tie rods are almost guaranteed to go, especially with the added stress from your flipped wheels grabbing on every rut in the woods and ripping the bars out of you hands while your front wheels turn sideways further than they were ever designed to. I'm talking from experience here, not speculation. Do it right or don't do it at all, it's not worth the extra problems or risking your behind when a part fails (such as a tie rod or end) because you subjected it to stress it wouldn't normally be exposed to. I'm not trying to be a jerk or say you can't ride or anything like that, but I can almost guarantee if I ride your bike with the front wheels flipped for a weekend, without hitting any trees, I'm going to snap a tie rod or end.

yeah i bet pfft, i dont see why your sticking up for spacers when flipping your rims and adding spacers does the same exact thing causing more bump steer and leverage on the tie rods, like you daid do it right or w/e i did and i am very satisfied but anything you do to the width without adding a arms will do the same thing causing bumpsteer and whatnot

It usually helps if you know what you're talking about before you start talking. I never said I liked spacers, if you'd actually READ above I said I don't like spacers. And I'm not sure what you were saying because it made no sense, but I "think" you said I didn't do it right either because I didn't buy arms??? I have A-arms, +4 axle, and upgraded shocks. The reason why is because I've tried the other methods and to be honest, they suck. I don't want to fight on the board with you, so don't take me wrong. I'm telling you FROM EXPERIENCE that flipping wheels is bad juju. I've gone as far as breaking TWO tie rod ends in the SAME DAY with flipped wheels, and no I did not hit anything. Get over the attitude problem and just realize that somebody that's been there is telling you the truth. It's not like I sell A-arms and stand to make money off of what I say, I'm saying it cause some day you might eat dirt because of those flipped wheels.

It usually helps if you know what you're talking about before you start talking. I never said I liked spacers, if you'd actually READ above I said I don't like spacers. And I'm not sure what you were saying because it made no sense, but I "think" you said I didn't do it right either because I didn't buy arms??? I have A-arms, +4 axle, and upgraded shocks. The reason why is because I've tried the other methods and to be honest, they suck. I don't want to fight on the board with you, so don't take me wrong. I'm telling you FROM EXPERIENCE that flipping wheels is bad juju. I've gone as far as breaking TWO tie rod ends in the SAME DAY with flipped wheels, and no I did not hit anything. Get over the attitude problem and just realize that somebody that's been there is telling you the truth. It's not like I sell A-arms and stand to make money off of what I say, I'm saying it cause some day you might eat dirt because of those flipped wheels.

see this is what im saying this site is out of hand, doug needs to gwet back in here, this **** is crazy nobody can say anything without it being a problem...i didnt say you did it wrong, i didnt say you likes spacers i said you were sticking up for them and i am not fighting with you about it

Well if I took what you were saying (and it was hard to decipher...lol) wrong, then I apologize. I gave my opinion, which is what the original poster was asking for. If you go back and read your posts, it's not hard to take it as being typed with attitude. Either way, I'm an old guy and have no reason to fight with anybody on the computer..lol. With that said if I offended you I apologize. How's that work for ya?

It works fine for me yakuza :) But please folks either get on topic, or move on.

I just bought the G-Force spacers front and back and have to say that I am happy with them I like how it makes the Raptor look. I think it also depends on what kind of riding you do, don't expect to take big jumps with the spacers. I like them, but every body has there own opinion about them. Just judge for yourself and look at what kind of riding you do to make the decision about the spacers. If you do get the spacers don't forget to use thread locker on the bolts.

ea710cd2.jpg

ea710eb8.jpg

Included some pics for you so you can see how it looks like with the spacers front and back.

Back