What's with all the Warrior hate???

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to go on ATV connection before i found YFM and it was the same way. Mad hard for someone to throw you some help without throwin a shitty comment about you ride.

SHIIITS WEEEEAAAKK!!!

my buddy who has a banshee sommt imes makes funn of my warrior but i always have to either tow him home or push start that damn banshee, besides my warrior likes to suprise me alot!

atv connection sucks, i was on there forever until i found this site. it suck when reading a thread about rebuilding a warrior motor and 50% say scrap the quad and buy a bigger one.

80% of atv connection are 400ex's owners. There is some 400ex and 450 warrior hate, of this I do know and add too. Hahahah.

Ya they dont seem to really like warriors over there. Probably had to get pulled home by a few.LOL I was over there for a little while til I notice the hating, thats when I found this site.

this is the best site out there for warrior group. i became a member of this site and realized right away what makes this site so good. The members make this a great site. I have found a lot of respectful riders on here with a lot of experience with the warrior. you can find just about anything you need to know on this site and if you cant find what your looking for, there are plenty of riders on here that will lend a hand. thanks to all the members of this site and the creaters for putting such a great site together for us. ride on!!!

I like warhog, it is heavy, and be a pain when your stuck and reverse can't you out, but its been so dependable its not even funny. I can start mine up at any time with out issues, my dad on the other hand has a 400ex I would like to have one has to use his choke to get it to start first time I just laugh and say one touch and vroom! I do and did want to sell mine for something lighter and faster but just have a hard time bringing my self to do it. I want to fix mine up, do a top end job, slap a wiseco piston in it, make it run faster, but then again why it still runs so why mess with it, its still a good runner.

I haven't ever found anybody bash my warrior anywhere most that I come across just nod or wave and go on. If they do bash it, well **** em, mine still runs good and gives me no troubles.

i'm not knockin warriors because i really do love them! BUT i HAVE to have something that i have a chance of hurting myself on... i have an addiction to speed! why i ride crotch rockets! lol. i always miss the warrior after i sell one but can always be replaced! :)

i'm not knockin warriors because i really do love them! BUT i HAVE to have something that i have a chance of hurting myself on... i have an addiction to speed! why i ride crotch rockets! lol. i always miss the warrior after i sell one but can always be replaced! :)
Me too. Thats one reason why I wanted to get a quad dont wana kill myself in my car... lol ; ).
And honestly I was a little weary when I was buyin the warrior cause im 250 lbs but it was a good deal ($800 for an 01) and it seemed to be in good condition so I bought it. Im glad I did cause im thinkin if I had bought a 450 (which I didnt have enough $ for anyways) for my first manual quad ida killed myself on it by now lol.. (came close on the warrior a couple times ;) ).Plus when I found these forums I was really happy cause I heard how theyre reliable and I cant afford to be fixing a quad all the time Im still in highschool with no job...

well suzuki's 400's are tough as hell to but i paid $400 for mine and threw a $41 cdi on it and put the cams in time and crunk it up and no 1st or reverse :eek: but hey i can spilt cases myself and rework transmissions so no biggie. :D

I like riding my brothers ltz400, but it just not as tight trail friendly to me, as the warrior is. Plus I like torque, and the Warrior feels like it has more low end.
The LTZ is definitely quicker, and feels lighter, but on the jump we've been playing on, the Warrior seems to be the better jumper.

I like all quads. I have 4, and none of them are the "greatest" or probably ever were.
I tell ya a real rush is, jumping my Kawasaki Prairie or tipping it over on 2 wheels.
I just liked to ride. **** I'd be happy on a Badger, if there was a chance in hell I could kill myself on it.
One day the riding world will progress so far, they will wonder what happened to a "reliable, easy to mod quad"
And when it happens I will fly by, giving them the bird, the whole way.

Your shifting forks are prabable bent

i dont think so. see on these to get into reverse ya gotta click it into first then twist a knob and click it down again (past 1st) and she's in reverse. i think the idler cog gear that swaps from first to reverse when you twist the knob is hung in between the two gears and the reason i say this is because #1 they're both missing and #2 there isn't ANY odd sounds comming from the tranny when you put it in either gear (if it was a bent fork or stripped gears there should be clicking or grinding) but nothing happens at all.

^^ur probably right but I had a honda come in to the shop onday that had a broke fork and 2 bent ones but it never cricked ot ticked just wouldn't shift down

no mine rolls into gear (the shift drum) it's just like the idler cog is stuck in between 1st and going backwards :p

one thing i really like about the warrior is how unique each year is, i doubt theres any other quad with as many diferent color schemes as the warrior

Well warrior are pretty much the same, there is little stuff thats different on some years, why the raptor 350 is the same motor as warrior it was renamed raptor has some of the same stuff as a warrior, make them easier to get parts for and work since they are all the same, kinda chevy trucks 88-98 were same in those years and parts will interchange.

Back