Whats the problem?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrior111

Reaction score
ok, over the winter i rebuilt the top end of my motor. when spring came i had it running perfectly, but sometime it wouldnt start, but if i put a new plug in it, it would start first time,every time. then one time i ran out of gas completely, and it sat for a few days untill the weekend. so when the weekend came i got gas, and the damn thing wouldnt start, it was a sunday, so i couldnt get a new plug. I was sick and tired of buying new plugs anyways, soi checked the spark, and it was arcing to the side, not the top of the plug.anyways, i decided to take the carb apart and clean it, so i cleaned it, and it still wouldnt go, so the next day i went and got a plug, and it started, but the thing ran like a bag of ****. completels boggy at all times, so i thought i might of had the carb set rong.so, i tryed and tryed, and tryed, but there is no way i could get it to run right. so i took off the carb agian, and cleaned it, and put it back on and it still didnt work, so i cleaned it agian, and agian and agian! so i got fed up and decided to look at my stator, took off the stator cover, and the mag had gash's in it, but the stator looked fine. i tryed moving the crank, to see if it was loose, and it had the tinyist bit of play in it.but i decided to split the case and replace the crank berrings which is where im at right now,( by the way, the berrings where bouth bad)

So does anyone know if my stator is gone, or could of it been the crankberrings?
Thanks for any help you can give me! :D

( PS. Sorry for the long post )

Back