What's the deal???

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wendyjo55

Reaction score
Man talk about frustrating, after years of dependability my warrior has turned into a money trap!!! So, I'm looking for one last shot at figuring this out before it goes to the shop. I have around 100-110lbs of compression and all my clutch plated are within spec, I added the extra thin plate to help with hook-up and still my warrior is as slow as can be. It has low end torque but no top end. I am honest when I say it is about as fast as a golf cart maxed out.

Does anyone have a clue...cause I don't...could it be the stator not giving enough spark....the carb was just cleaned and jetting to fit my whitebro pipe...the shop have done something wrong. They said it was the clutch burnt out and slipping. Like I said the plates are in spec with the manual.

Well I hope someone has an idea you guys seem to be pretty on key with this stuff.

Thanks Chris

Have you checked the spark plug to see if the jetting is right?

Was it running right before it was piped and jetted?

Valves been adjusted recently?

How old is it? was it ever rebuilt?

How about the air filter? When was the last time that was cleaned or replaced?

The jetting was done by the shop....after I say that the plug is a little dark more from running rich, It does not look like oil build up

-The bike ran good until a recent ride out. I hadn't had the vavles adjusted or it jetted yet. I got roughly 5 minutes in after a 10 min warm up. IT was in the 30's and then it started backfire thru the pipe and no top end power. I could low idle idle all day long and was able to drive back to the trucks.

-the valves and jetting was done and the dealer said it was fixed and "good to go" That is when the no top end started.

-the top has never been rebuilt since I owned it, but the compression check I did came in around 100 hot and cold.

Hope this answers the questions....Chris

valves are quiet....the parking braek may be it. I removed the park brake and tied the perch part back.

Can I just unplug the wires and plug them together to bypass the perch part?

You can just unplug the parking brake switch from the wiring harness to bypass it. The clutch sensor is the one you need to plug back into itself to bypass.

Back