What's the best upgrade you do e to your quad

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derheim

Reaction score
What's the best upgrade you've done to your quad

To help out us newbies I thought it would great if some of you more experienced guys would share what your fav upgrade you have on your quad so we can get some sort of an idea of what all we can do to improve ours.

Last edited:
Raptor clutch mod.
Remove air box lid.
Kn filter cover with pantyhose
jet and do pen spring and valve cap mod.
Yz450f shifter. Just did I love it.
Simplest and cheapest to start.

Last edited:
Best mod would be suspension. A-arms and shocks are the ticket to a comfy ride :tup:. Also, a direct shifter is simply the ****!

Ill hv to look into direct shifter. I don't know what that is

The yzf shifter swap is the ****. No more missed shifts and every shift feels positive. I love it. Rappy clutch mod is a close second. Pipe,jets, air box lid removal, and cam were well worth it also. Looking to add a 660 rear shock soon.

Planning.....thinking about a good combo. I can't think of a best mod, they all help but for ease of operation the direct shifter,.Rap 350 pegs and the Rap 350 clutch cable setup. Everybody wants a Lil more power so a good big 3 setup, then suspension and tires.

I'm with Pat. Best thing I did was +2 a arms, wider axle and upgraded shocks all around. Smooth ride and great handling. All the power in the world is nothing if you can't put it to the ground. :)

I got banshee shocks and +2 full flights coming this week. I need to look into the shifter and clutch cable setup. That seems pretty simple and a quick upgrade

(1) Raptor clutch cable mod.
(2) Direct shifter
(3) and the extra clutch plate mod.

My goal is elka shocks but those are a pretty penny I found out. Income tax return will help with those

What's the difference between hiem joints and ball joints? My a-arms are coming with hiems.

Google it and check out a picture. In my opinion and experience a ball joint is the better choice they will outlast a heim joint. Heim joints get noisy too.

1 suspension
2 exhaust
3 intake
4 cooling
5 internals
6 clutches... Many many sets of clutches....

7 the little things that you can only do with skill and time tinkering. Like battery relocation, lightened rockers, tuning, suspension settings, gearing, and tire pressures.

After having done it all it just wouldn't be right not having one of the things I'm currently running. I have the perfect setup for me hands down.

Back