Whatever you do, don't run auto oil!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1999yamahawarrior

Reaction score
Well after finishing my clutch cover, I didn't have any atv oil and I'm atleast an hour from a yamaha dealer so I just got some castrol syntec 10w30 in it. Not a good idea. So today I was riding with broughsy01warrior in a small pit and I went up a hill and got stuck in the ruts and the clutch started slipping like crazy. Next thing my fuse blew I had to bump start it and when I let out on the clutch the tires didn't lock up. I'm guessing the clutch is gummed up with auto oil. So story short, go to a dealer and get oil that's made for wet clutches. Don't use auto oil:tdown:

Even walmart is an hour away from me. I live in the middle of knowhere lol. But it's probably alot cheaper then yamalube. I went to the dealer to get yamalube and it was $15 a quart. Ridiculous.

Valvoline motorcycle 10/40 or 20/50 is less than 4 bucks at walmart. Advanced auto parts sells it too. Just start buying in bulk.

Wal-Mart here in Kansas has Valvoline 4T and Mobil 4T full synthetic for motorcycle/ATV. I run the Valvoline 4T in my stuff and it runs $8.50qt. The Mobil 4T is $9.50qt. One my buds runs the Mobil stuff in his Honda 450R and swears by it.

I run that Valvoline 4t motorcycle oil 20w-50 in summer and 10w-40 in winter
and it's only $3.98/quart here at our Wal Mart

Back