what year

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

etelfor

Reaction score
i gotta question for you all. im new here and just recently bought a warrior. the problem i have is that he wasnt sure what year it is and im not sure either i have tried to compare it to other pictures of quads but as everyone knows its not easy to find one that doesnt have some changes. anyway i have narrowed it down to a late 80's maybe 90 or 91, but not sure. does anyone know how to tell the year by the vin or is there a nother way maybe. any help would be appreciated. thanks

the tenth digit is an H. its got the double square headlights as well. i would like to be able to start with some modes and knowing the year would be helpful thanks.

are those headlights down low on the hood or are they up higher?

an 87 you say? the lights are up on top near the bars correct there not at the bottom i thought the 87 s the lights were lower thats why i was thinking late 80s. if i could figure out how to upload the pics i would put it up. i only paid a thousand for it and its in excellent condition every thing other then the tires are original the plastic has no stiches at all and no large visible scratches. and it runs great. i think i got a alright deal on it.

87 and 88 the lites were mounted near the bumper, there is no provision for the to be mounted up top. 89 and up the bracket is welded up top. 89 to 93 uses the rectangular head lites, 94 to 01 use round lites with a frosted lens, 02 to 04 use round lites with clear lens. If it's assumed to be an 87 or 88 and the lites are mounted up top either somone installed the bracket or changed the entire frame. All 87 and 88s came with pull start and a decompression lever mounted on the exhaust rocker cover, plus the motor is all black. I can also tell by the wiring but I need to look back.

Wow I'm now confused because I thought mine was a 93???

e7c3d523.jpg

Yea I thought I did have a 97 but here recently I took it to my local dealer for some work and they told me it was a 93?

Either way 93 or 97 it doesn't matter to me...LOL, a warrior is a warrior :) It's the wifes bike now anyway.

ok how about this the tenth digit is a k i was reading something else. its the original frame nothing has been changed on this bike. and the lights are the factory mounted lights by the bars. but if someone can tell me what year the letter k is for it would be appreciated thanks.

I would also like to know the year of mine. there used to be a breakdown of vin decode on here but can't find it anymore. My tenth digit is a 2 ?

Back