what would it take

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

01warrioraddict

Reaction score
hey guys been lurking around reading up for bout a year now and gota say this place rocks...anyways i got an 01 warrior(k&n air filter modded air box k&n jet kit and a white brothers R-4 pipe)i've raced bikes (plz dont flame me)for bout 4 years now and just need a change of pace...on that note i was wondering what it would take to make my warrior hold its on on the track in like a woodsmans/beginners class if i do my part?or is a warrior not really much of a racer?imon a tight budget but i can do all the labor myself so that helps a little

i race my warrior a little in woodsman just get some decent shocks even base works, high comp piston, webcam, plus 2s, axle maybe good mx wheels and tires

with my basic set up i take on 400s no problem and even some 450s and banshees. where you from and what tracks do you race at

I race XC and so does Hecker. Check out our bikes. Enjoy the site and Welcome!!!!!!

I doubt any warrior can win races LOL. JK- Depends on type of racing and set up. Build it for the occasion and you should do OK.

Damn Glen, yah gotta have faith man. Way to be proud of you machine. In the hands of a pro rider, and set up the right way, a warrior can win any race. Its 80% rider 20% machine if you ask me, and I'm pretty sure a Warrior won the Blackwater. (in '83 or '84)

lol bikes in 84 compared to an 04 yfz450 is tons different. dont get me wrong i love the warrior, thats why im gonna build another one but truth is a warrior is a warrior. you gotta love them to ride them, in a drag race no chance woods ridin deadlast is right rider matters more and you could easily spank a **** rider

Im proud of it. But like said , you can only do so much w/ one .

Whoa, hold up Deadlast! Warrior won blackwater in 83 or 84? The only ATVs that even existed in those years were trikes and a couple utes under 250cc's! Unless you know something i don't...

im from beaver county in SW pa i raced bikes in CRA at pyma(holeshot) OIR in ravenna was at NEMX once and i've been to high voltage,creekside,thunder valley(aint even sure its still open)spring valley for practice days...im not looking to take the world by storm just want a change of pace cuz bikes just aint as much fun anymore and after so many broken bones its hard to hold on to a bike..figured id give the quads a try cuz iv had a few people say im a lot better on a quad than i ever was on a bike due to the fact im more comfortable on a quad and i already got the warrior figured id see how she would do

aw BA i love those tracks i live by oir check out malvern and summit indoors sometime thats where i ride

we should ride at malvern sometime itd be sweet to ride mx with another warrior

YamaRider said:
Whoa, hold up Deadlast! Warrior won blackwater in 83 or 84? The only ATVs that even existed in those years were trikes and a couple utes under 250cc's! Unless you know something i don't...

HAHHahahhahahah ;D, at least someone was paying attention!

Hahah, nah, don't know for sure if that ever happened but I do know that people ran them in the race. See; All pic have at least one Warrior in them.
(all pics are from a Blackwater thread from another quad forum I'm on, look at the article page headline in the one pic and thats deff. a warrior in the picture)

Picture11.png

Wish I could read this article!
Picture1-20.png

Picture10.png

Picture2-6.png

Picture3-2.png

Picture4-1.png

Picture5.png

Picture6-1.png

Picture7.png

Picture8.png

Picture9.png

that is awesome. so many old school quads in one place.

you guys ever watch the blackwater vids on youtube? you can see a couple of warriors in action.

Back