What to use??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1987 Warrior

Reaction score
Hi guys
I thought i'd ask here before i start hammering on it if there is a tool out there to remove the ball joints on my 87 warrior?
this is what it looks like
and heres the welded one

Use a pipe wrench to twist the ball joint out of the arm. Welded? Do you mean rusted together or just plain stuck? If its just stuck, take the nut off, spray the arm where the shaft comes through down with penetrating oil, let it sit a while, put the nut back on so its about even with the top of the threads and hit it with a bfh.

the bottom photo i had the ball joint blow out on me so i had a guy weld it to keep it in for the time being, thats what i meant by saying the welded one.
and these ball joints i dont think have ever been replaced so there probably rusted

I went and looked again, now I see the weld bead. Mine twisted out fairly easily with a pipe wrench. It was a bitch to break them loose but after that they weren't too bad to twist out. Soak them down good with rust penetrant and give em hell.

Well that welded lower is pretty well fucked. You'll have a hell of a time trying to fix that mess.

well i just tried loosening the top balljoints with a pipe wrench and man its was a breeze to loosen them i was surprised how easy it was for being the original ball joints.:rock: never got them out completely because the mosquitos were driving me nuts will try this week end to get them all out.

yeah and they are incredibly Ginormously huge this year they're Mutant MF's!!!

well i got the balljoints loose on one side now i need to get it out. what would i use to get the bolt part out of the spindle/knuckle??

Hit the spindal with a ball peen hammer on the side of where the ball joint goes in and it should pop right out after a few hits

ok thanks YAMAHAULER for the quick replay ill give it a shot once i find a ball peen hammer lol i think i have one floating around somewhere.

Back