What to buy?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loui350

Reaction score
upa2anam.jpg
egysyvu9.jpg

Gonna be selling soon. Hopefully tomorrow if things work out.
So im gonna have some cash to put towards a new quad. What should i get guys?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

There have been several threads within the last two weeks discussing this same topic. I'd look there if I were you. But, for what it's worth, 400ex/z400/kfx450/Raptor700, all have my vote because they have proven durability, easy to work on, are best for trails and all around riding. Besides, they all have reverse, a must have in my opinion.

Ive been really looking into raptor 660's. I have friends who let ,e ride theirs and i absolutly love them. I feel super comfortable and safe on them. But i want something that will be fast as hell. Cause well its kansas, flat open land. So me and my friends like to drag race. But we also race and ride around a track we made through the woods. (jumps, bumps, you name it) so i need something with good handeling and well ballenced for jumps also. Ive never jumped a raptor so i wouldnt know.

Ive been really looking into raptor 660's. I have friends who let ,e ride theirs and i absolutly love them. I feel super comfortable and safe on them. But i want something that will be fast as hell. Cause well its kansas, flat open land. So me and my friends like to drag race. But we also race and ride around a track we made through the woods. (jumps, bumps, you name it) so i need something with good handeling and well ballenced for jumps also. Ive never jumped a raptor so i wouldnt know.

Well... if that is what you want to do with a quad, either the YFZ or 450r are the two I'd choose from. Although, the R's suspension is behind the YFZ's. Also, the two 400s (ex and z) are both capable.

In all honesty the raptor 660's are rough compared to YFZ's or a KFX, This is in stock form although you can build them to your own liking. If you plan on jumping the 660 a lot gusset the frame. Contact Heath at LSR and he will hook you up. Ive owned all 3 and miss the 450's everyweek, Raptors are fast as hell, and torque monsters, but do have flaws same as any other quad. Pick what bests suits you to your riding style and budget. I flat out love my 660 but its took a lot of cash and time to get it where it is now. Kory Ellis raced a 660 the first years they was made and put all others to shame on it but it damn near had the best of everything on it. No matter what you get have fun, be safe.

Thanks beast. Ive always had trouble with the safe part. I rolled my warrior 7 times or so down a gravel road. Not sure how fast but it was fast to throw me far. I really would love to get a 700 rappy but here is ks you cant find a decent one let alone a broken one for less than 3000. (tight budget of 2500max no higher) so i think ill consider the 660 cause imma big dude that needs room for a girl on the back ;) .

stay away from the early 660 raptors theyre famous for trans issues

Thanks for telling me. I knew that the 01's have trouble with second gear giving way. But im not to sure bout the other years i like the year 05. My friend had one and i rode that thing like a pro. Felt so natural on it

Thanks for telling me. I knew that the 01's have trouble with second gear giving way. But im not to sure bout the other years i like the year 05. My friend had one and i rode that thing like a pro. Felt so natural on it

Then get one! Best thing about the old 660, is that it is becoming the "big bore Warrior". Meaning, used aftermarket parts are a dime a dozen! And, it really isn't a bad bike. I test rode one once, and I did really like it. Needs to be wider!

Making quads wider cost more than it really should...and once i get the warrior outta the shop for being worked on i should be ready to sell her.

Only if you want to do it right. Stock suspension sucks for anyone who really rides the crap out of their quad. About the only ones with good stock suspension are the 450s.

Back