what tires to buy. and rims

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mclarenkid69

Reaction score
yeah well my quad has always been heavy and im a person who likes it light. so i took off my back HDs and noticed that they are like 25LBS more then my stock rear tires.. and itis prolly the same for the front.

So saying all i really do now with my quad is jump and stuff what tires should i get?

I think they should be 2ply? but im not sure i wanna stay with holeshots though.

always what are good and cheap rims.. i think there douglus but witch ones??

it is for both the front and back

Any help will help thanks

If you do alot of track riding I would recamend Razrs or Razr MX's like a 19 or 20 inch up front and 18 inch in the rear.

On my motocross quad I run 20" front kenda klaws, and 18" rear kenda klaws, for my cross country quad I run 22" front kenda klaws, and 20" rear kendas

Also, from my memory, I believe holeshIt is the only tire with a 2ply rating. If you are planning on doing some trail riding the least you can settle for is 4-ply. However 6-ply is much more trail oriented. You can pick up kenda klaws for around 50 bucks a tire.

oh i was looking at about 325 for all razors mxs and on duglus .190 rims.. is that cheap? i played 591 on my hds and xcrs on my c series

Well you offered then klaws but I didn't like them so uhh I think im going to go with the razrs. I was asking opinions. Also are the duglus rims the rims to buy?

Well you offered then klaws but I didn't like them so uhh I think im going to go with the razrs. I was asking opinions. Also are the duglus rims the rims to buy?
No idea about the rims, I've olny dealt with stock, ITP, and hipers. I HATE the ITPs, they were so weak. I would look up wether the douglas .190 and the itp .190 are the same material, if so go with stock.

I hope your gona rebuild that engine soon before your buy new tires/rims ???

yeah tell me about it. my dad keeps rambling on and on about the valves. Make sure this, make sure that ..... " THEN WHY DID YOU MAKE ME SPEND 60 BUCKS ON A MANUAL WHEN THE DEALERS COULD HAVE DONE IT FOR THAT." I need to do something to it. I notice my oil was low and though in a half of a quort and it still didn't read on my dip stick. But idk what ima going to do. Prolly but a 368 or a 390 or something. But for now idk.

The reason for my quad is I love it and even Though I got 3500$ saved up of my own money I don't want to spend it on a 450. I wanna keep Raptor and make it lighter and more race frendly. getting racing tires is the first step because it is alot lighter then my hds. I sorta made a mistake with them. Each tire wights about 20 LBS more then racing ones. so then i was to et a arms and shocks. And im set. If i get a 450 then im going to want to do the same stuff and i will run into having to buy them anyways.. but just more expencive. so .. idk what im going to do yet

Back