What size should i get?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thasuspekt350

Reaction score
Sup guys, im debating on what size of rear tire i should get. I plan on getting something from ITP but am worried that 20's are gonna make my Warrior too low on the trails...anybody have anything to say ?

I run 20" ITP Holeshots and trail riding is 90% of what I do as long as you have a good rear skid it will be fine the bigger you go the more bouncy it will get then you'll be fighting the whole way

I love my 20s and they look alot sportier than 22s. Ive had no prob on the trails.

I hated the look of 22's on the rear and 21's on the front on mine. I went with 20's on the rear. The problem I had with that is the trails I ride are rutted out and I kept getting hung up on the skid. Finally did about 3 hours of machining and converted to Raptor 350 brake rotor and 38 tooth sprocket. Gained the same rear ground clearance as my Raptor and now it works much better.

If I hadn't done all that, my plan was to go 22's on the front and rear to make it look a little more proportional and still have ground clearance. I also contemplated using a complete Raptor 350 carrier/axle assembly to keep from all the machining. Turned out they bring a fair amount of money.

That's why I run the 22's, I got HUGE rocks and roots around me and ground clearence is a must. I just went from the 14/40 sprockets to 13/38. Lowered it a tad but still decently higher than stock. Feels tons better on the tails.

I do all trail riding, I run 25's front and back. I'm not a wanna be racer, and have gotten a bit more clearance on the really bad trails.

isn't that size tire hard on the warrior?

I dont think it would be as long as you changed the sprockets to match.. the brakes are more than capable of stopping heavy tires and I don't see how it would affect anything else

I think id go for 23" in back and 24" up front but would have to change rims for sure...

Interestingly enough "ITP Mud Lite AT" come in a 25x12-9 which would fit stock rear rims but they make nothing for stock fronts larger than 23" actually none of the major brands make a 24x8-10 or a 23xXX-9 so no matter what to go for larger tires rims need to be changed :p

Last edited:
Damn, 25's all around. Looks like a utility quad now. I kinda like it. Looks mean.

I run 22's front and back, personally wouldn't go any smaller, but 20's are quite common for trail riding. Depends on where you ride and how nice of a rear skid you own.

Thanks everyone for their input. I bought an almost brand new set of Dunlops off of Craigslist for 80 bucks, rims and all. So what im going to do is just have a pair of 20's and 22's depending on conditions the day of riding. I plan on getting some holeshots because i hear nothing but great things about them. thanks again!

Back