What races would warriors be good in?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CodeBlue

Reaction score
I wanna start , getting the warrior 'Race Ready' . What Parts , tires, types of races would be good to put the warrior in..

Well holeshots/maxxis tires are going to be the best, you want to upgrade suspension and upgrade your tie rods to HD ones, shocks, +2 a-arms and works good if your not on a budget.

Well, when i find another summer job . im dedicating the money to the beast. I like MAxxis tires and i don't wanna lost ride height tho.. But i can get some fox floats from a buddy

I run a couple of harescrambles with mine last year and i only had stock rear suspension and banshee fronts,GBC x-rex tires,and stock A arms.Don't worry about what people think just have fun.

Haha, I'm proud of mine! Proud of warriors in general because how great they are. I'm gonna need some tires tho.. But my friend has a banshee and i school his ass in the woods.. I got a bunch a hate on instagram but **** them.. WarriorPride! HOO AHH!

XC all the way dude. Get some GBC X-Rex's front and rear. They got decent deals for them on e-bay. Alex is right. Get some good shocks on there and you'll prolly want a stabilizer to reduce arm pump. But like the other guy said...HAVE FUN!!!

Yeah man, have fun. If you are not having that, there is no point in doing it! As for tires, I feel that the ITP GNCC rears are HARD to beat! I have them, and LOVE them! They will do every damn thing you want them to do. Obviously they are ment for the Grand National Cross Country races (hence the GNCC title) but, they are damn hard to beat. Excellent traction, in every terrian, every condition, you name it. Little hard to power slide, but, I also have an extended swinger. Banshee rear is the shiznit, imho, mine performs great with the swinger. Denniskirk is clearencing a set of WORKS front shocks for 300 I believe. Go to dkebay.com and look em up. They are dual rates, w/o ressies, but they will far out-perform the stock junk. Stock arms aren't the worst, but, I don't trust them. Btw, get 6 ply tires.

Oh, and as for what races to run a Warrior in... I think that woods racing is best for them. Unless you are going to put in the effort to set it up for MX, like Weston has, then it most likely isn't worth it. These bikes are ment for the woods, so, I would run them there. Also, get skid plates!

Yupp, woods racing. You'll get passed in the open areas but most XC races have very little of that. I was big into racinh XC a few years back when I could afford it. It was funny, I had guys tell me I was nuts for racing a warrior, and I was the only 350 in the woodsmen class in many races, but I sure as hell beat up plenty of 450's! I really wanna go to a race or two not that I have my quad all decked out for XC to the extremes.

Alright guys thanks! I know a few places around Here that do wood races. But for tires and stuff Ill go withholeshots... IIm going job hunting today to pay for parts lol.

Dude I'm tellin ya get the ITP GNCC tires. You will be more them pleased. I got them and the RAZR 6ply fronts from motosport.com for under $400! They offer the rears in a couple different sizes, I chose the 21x11-9

Lol woo yah we need to meet up and hit up 130(south peeler trails) or catfish Pond (outdoorsmanpark)

Gen1pat didn't realise you lived in va too lol. I'm tryingvto get my friend to get a warrior. We went too look at one today.

I race my 87 in district 37 big6 grand prix. The only thing Ive done to my quad is put 99 front shocks on, i have ITP Holeshots front and rear,vitos key, 14t front sprocket, airbox delete to run pod filter.With these few mods i can feel more competitive but my last race the jetting was off for the elev. so it didnt make as much power but if it was i can keep up with them if not pass in the rough, we lack on straight aways. You'll need a deadman switch to race. For the most part it does very well on the track and desert sections.

Back