What oil filter do you use?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warlord

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I am sick of paying 16 bucks for my k&n oil filters. If my oil was cheap I wouldn't mind but I use amsoil. (50 bucks per oil change!) My dealer only stocks k&n and I would love to get my hands on some cheaper ones. Anyways, I was wondering what kind of filters everyone uses.

i had been using oem filters but the last one i bought came from ebay. it was a k&n for 9$ shipped

I have a parts unlimited filter. It's the wire screen, but it's not perforated like most filters, so all it takes is a quick shot of carb cleaner to knock off any kind of metal flakes or dirt that might be on it. That 10 dollar filter has lasted me about 5 oil changes so far.

i replace mine ever time i change my oil, i liek like 3 of them off ebay for like 15 or 20 bucks

OEM here. Looking at other, cheaper options....

Emgo, and its lasted 5 oil changes.

I dont see a point in changing a filter thats ntohing but wire screen. Carb cleaner and air compressor and its like new.

Those metal mesh screen filters are known to impair to much oil flow. I run K&N - if you look around (ebay) you can buy a few at a time for pretty cheap! 15$ for a K&N filter is nuts! I can sell you a bulk amount of K&Ns for much cheaper then 15 a filter!!!!!

I use the HiFlo filters, theyre pretty good.... same metal mesh design as the OEM's. Generally, they will flow better than fiber-media based filters, but that point is kind of moot since all aftermarket filters have to adhere to OEM flow specifications. Yamaha wouldnt put them in if they didnt design the system that way.

The metal mesh screen filters are re-usuable MANY times, and do not lose their filtration ability over time. You really only need to replace them when they start getting heavy nicks in them. Remove the rubber seals (important!), and clean from the inside going out with carb cleaner.

I wish we could use 2 dollar car filters like raptors. It also sucks to have to use 2.5 litres of oil when everyone else uses less than 2.

I wish we could use 2 dollar car filters like raptors. It also sucks to have to use 2.5 litres of oil when everyone else uses less than 2.

Its more oil to make hot haha... Thats one plus

The other day I changed my oil and noticed that my K&N is built exactly the same way as the hi flo filtros I just got in the mail. I would even go as far as to say that I think they are probably both made my HFF. This angers me.

I use oem, I tried a CRT performance reusable one. I believe that was a contributing factor in my recent top end rebuild. Threw that $30 piece of **** right in the trash.

Back