What kind of Amsoil

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
high performance motorcycle oil, 10w 40

This stuff
http://www.amsoil.com/StoreFront/mcf.aspx

mcf_qt_350phx.jpg

I do have to admit i love amsoil in 4 strokes.... but there 2 stroke oil blows. Nothing compares to maxima 927.

yeah amsoil is supposed to be better than anything like 1000 times slippier..but i just bought yamaha lube 20-40..the guy wanted 8 something a quart for amsoil..he wanted 4.95 for yamalube

I was wondering about oil too.. my quad has had nothing but YamaLube in it since it was new. I was thinking of changing for 2 reasons. Yamalube is going vrom 8-11 dollars a quart around here and Yamalube is harder to find. You have to go to a dealer or a MC parts house to find it. Most of the other oils you can get at WallyMart or the chain type autoparts stores like Autozone or Checker.
On the other hand YamaLube is a great oil and I dont want to use an oil of a lesser quality.

its 4.95 for yamalube for me..amsoil is better than anything though

After this weekend i may be starting to doubt how amazing this amsoil really is... ive been using it for about 3 years now and now im starting to notice things.

Ive been starting to get random wet spots around covers that ive never even removed. 1 of the bolts is wet on my clutch cover and its tight as can be.... how oil gets past it is beyond me... not to mention the gasket was replaced last year. The stator cover has a little wetness around it in spots.. not everywhere just spots. No matter how much i clean the dip stiick i always get oil running down my clutch cover before the end of the day.

MY valves are also noticibly louder with amsoil...

In my honest opinion i feel that the oil at heat may just be too thin for this motor. Places where im getting leaks just all of a sudden start leaking. out of nowhere all at once. I ran pennzoil on my break in, then went back to amsoil. I also noticed that i do manage to burn a little bit of this oil every ride. The motor is fresh... then again with all these random leaks its no wonder its getting low.

Im thinking it just might be time for this motor to get a complete and total rebuild... im starting to hear some noises i just dont like nor do i want to hear.

For an air cooled engine you want a straight weight for dino oil. You as Powroll and FST they both will strongly recomend them and tell you these oils have a harder time breaking down and offer more protection.

Ds, what weight oil are you running in the summer time? I usually run 20w 40 in the summer and like 10w 40 in the winter.

10w 40

That wouldnt really make a diffrence the operating weight is 40 on both. The startup weight is what changes.

iwas told to never use amsoil and in the past ive olny used yamalube, but now i use maximum4 5w50 i think it was

Back