What Jet Size?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bombizzy

Reaction score
So I just put on a FMF Powerbomb Header/FMF 4 Exhaust and I'm re-jetting the carb. Wanting to know any thoughts on what jet size i should go with. I bought a FMF Jet Kit and it says 136 for under 3000ft but that doesnt sound right to me. I'm living on the Jersey Shore. Have an 01' Warrior mostly stock with the exhaust setup listed above and a Performance CDI box. Thanks!!

136 probably doesn't sound right to you because FMF's jet kit is just a re-labeled Dynojet kit which uses a completely different sizing scale than the standard Mikuni jets. Go with the recommendations that come with your jet kit and see how it works, most of us just save $60 and buy our jets individually instead of screwing around with jet kits, they're really a ripoff. Doesn't make sense to spend all that money on 12 jets when you'll probably only even take 1 or 2 of them out of the plastic, you can go to just about any dealer and get the jets individually for a couple bucks each.

wish i knew about this site sooner! haha. I'm new to quads. Been riding dirtbikes since i was 4 and have been outta the game for awhile. But ty for the info

bombizzy said:
So I just put on a FMF Powerbomb Header/FMF 4 Exhaust and I'm re-jetting the carb. Wanting to know any thoughts on what jet size i should go with. I bought a FMF Jet Kit and it says 136 for under 3000ft but that doesnt sound right to me. I'm living on the Jersey Shore. Have an 01' Warrior mostly stock with the exhaust setup listed above and a Performance CDI box. Thanks!!

im in atlantic county.....i ran the powerbomb header and Q4 with an open airbox. also made the mistake of buying the dynojet kit. i ran a 148 main at first but had some popping when throttling down so i went t a 150 which fixed it. i really doubt a 136 is right.

99warriornj said:
bombizzy said:

im in atlantic county.....i ran the powerbomb header and Q4 with an open airbox. also made the mistake of buying the dynojet kit. i ran a 148 main at first but had some popping when throttling down so i went t a 150 which fixed it. i really doubt a 136 is right.

Are you taking a 148/150 Dynojet or Mikuni? I think a dynojet that big would be ridiculously big without a lot of internal engine work, aren't those the biggest jets that come in the kit?

im running a dynojet 150 w/ the PB, Powercore, aluminum airbox and uni filter. also have the .390 cam. works just fine for me. still need to get that acc. pump spring mod done though. i don't think the 150 is too much, but i never tried the 148 first.

You live on a TV show? That sucks, punch that midget Snookie for me again please.

alright thx guys, i'll throw in the 150 and see how she runs.

YamaRider said:
99warriornj said:

Are you taking a 148/150 Dynojet or Mikuni? I think a dynojet that big would be ridiculously big without a lot of internal engine work, aren't those the biggest jets that come in the kit?

148/150 were Dynojet. the kits come with mains up to 158 or 160.

Back