what head gasket for a 366??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mvvette97

Reaction score
I'm doing a 366 and I'm pretty sure the stock head gasket won't work. Is there another head gasket that is 2mm larger that will fit the jug correctly?

Yes there is, you can get it from Cometic or if you order the JE kit you can get the gaskets with it. Now, having said that, if you have a stock gasket that is the multi layered steel (MLS) variety the 85 mm piston will actually clear the piston, it's tight but it will. I was in a pinch building my 366 & couldn't get the 85mm gasket I the time frame that I needed it....so I called Greg at CWR and told him my issue, he asked the type of gasket that i had (which was the MLS type) & he simply said "Not a problem, use a Dremel wheel or a high speed grinder with a stone or emory roll and buzz around the inside of the bore on the gasket until it matches the cylinder bore. I trusted him, I did it and my engine runs very very well. Maybe it's not a mod for you our some others but for done guys like myself and the very mechanically inclined it will work. Takes about 20mins being careful.

Yes there is, you can get it from Cometic or if you order the JE kit you can get the gaskets with it. Now, having said that, if you have a stock gasket that is the multi layered steel (MLS) variety the 85 mm piston will actually clear the piston, it's tight but it will. I was in a pinch building my 366 & couldn't get the 85mm gasket I the time frame that I needed it....so I called Greg at CWR and told him my issue, he asked the type of gasket that i had (which was the MLS type) & he simply said "Not a problem, use a Dremel wheel or a high speed grinder with a stone or emory roll and buzz around the inside of the bore on the gasket until it matches the cylinder bore. I trusted him, I did it and my engine runs very very well. Maybe it's not a mod for you our some others but for done guys like myself and the very mechanically inclined it will work. Takes about 20mins being careful.
that sounds like a good idea. I may do that if I have to. I would like to consider myself mechanically inclined since I have been building car engines and doing the atv thing since I was a little kid. If I can't find a gasket I will have to bust out the grinder, haha

Back