What Happened to Neutral?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98warrior

Reaction score
After its warmed up its almost impossible to get it into neutral. If I shut it off I can instantly click it in but as soon as its started up and warm its pretty much impossible to get into neutral, any ideas?

It's the retarded linkage setup that is common for all warriors. I have the same problem too, and have to bang on the shifter to get it in neutral. Only way to get around it seems to be a direct link shifter; at least I hear this solves the neutral issue.

I know it may sound weird but make sure your motor mount bolts aren't worn real bad, other wize the gay stock linkage shifter won't line up properly and cause erratic shifting. Other then that probably just worn shift linkage. Get a good direct link.

I've had that problem on all hot machines not just the raptor except ones without a clutch, like a foreman, i figured it was just the tranny getting to hot, but then when its off, it'll click right in. just my .02

Yep same here, pain in the ass, but I had to just learn to deal with it for now till I get around to trying a new linkage or something.

I never really found it to be a big deal. If im going to shut it off i keep it in gear anyway. It actually seems like a good thing at times...no more neutral when shifting hard haha.

Back