What does the accelerator pump do?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradbutlernc

Reaction score
Does it have anything to do with the top end power? My warrior carb is missing the little pink thing that goes over the accellerator pump shaft, it looks kind of like a pencil eraser. The whole thing fell apart so now i have nothing in there. Ive tried various things and this is the last problem i could think of. Would this have anything to do with it not topping out? And what if the float level is too high?

same problem here with my '02? it starts up great but at full throttle, it starts to miss. think its running lean or the accelerator pump? thanks all.

The accel pump would have nothing to do with top speed. All it does is squirt some gas down the throat of the carb when you stab the throttle, giving you better throttle response. Without it it the motor will bog down because there's not enough vacuum in the carb throat. You could be running rich or lean, check your plug. If it's black it's too rich, if it's white it's too lean, it should be a nice tan colour.

Back