What do you guys think?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supplementing

Reaction score
I had a guy email me wanting to buy my extra warrior motor. I dont know if it runs or not, I havent had time to mess with it since I got it. He offered me $100 not knowing if it runs, should I take that or hold onto it myself? I need some money to get the electric start working on my current engine, so its tempting. I dont really know the market for engines, so I dont know what its worth running or not running.
Here is what it looks like.
6ssL1l.jpg

In my opinion 100 is low for the top and bottom end.. Not to mention you've still got forward / reverse lever still on there. That itself is worth 30 - 50, depending on shipping.

Last edited:
Go on Ebay and look for complete top and bottom ends for a 19?? Warrior. Look for running and non- running ones...Even sold as is for parts is worth more than what your being offered.

Go on Ebay and look for complete top and bottom ends for a 19?? Warrior. Look for running and non- running ones...Even sold as is for parts is worth more than what your being offered.

So, what do you think I should be asking for it?

If your not pressed to sell then hold onto it... The more engine parts you have the happier your going to be if and when it needs parts of a parts-engine.

I was in the middle of being the first to reply to this when I was interrupted. Lol Keep it, and built it. Beef it up, and swap it with the one you currently have and keep it as a spare.

Im really strapped for cash atm, and I talked the guy up a bit, he is gonna give me 200 cash for it next week, unless I change my mind. I might mess with it this weekend and if it runs, keep it and put it on ebay for more. I need some money to sink into the electric start on my current engine. Idk what is going on, the wiring at the solenoid is all boogered up, I have no clue what half of the wires are there for (the non-existent tail light I assume), It has no red wire to hook to a battery, just a thick ground wire. I really need to find a picture of what its supposed to look like and try to replicate it. I tried hooking cables to the starter and it acts like it wants to roll over, but it doesnt,the starter seems fine but it just wont crank but with the pull start it cranks up and runs good. Im prob gonna sell the extra motor and take it to a professional and have them sort it out, I reallyyyy dont wanna mess with electrical..

Im really strapped for cash atm, and I talked the guy up a bit, he is gonna give me 200 cash for it next week, unless I change my mind. I might mess with it this weekend and if it runs, keep it and put it on ebay for more. I need some money to sink into the electric start on my current engine. Idk what is going on, the wiring at the solenoid is all boogered up, I have no clue what half of the wires are there for (the non-existent tail light I assume), It has no red wire to hook to a battery, just a thick ground wire. I really need to find a picture of what its supposed to look like and try to replicate it. I tried hooking cables to the starter and it acts like it wants to roll over, but it doesnt,the starter seems fine but it just wont crank but with the pull start it cranks up and runs good. Im prob gonna sell the extra motor and take it to a professional and have them sort it out, I reallyyyy dont wanna mess with electrical..

Chicken..

I gotta take it to the shop anyway, Im gonna get the header from my extra motor put on my current engine, the eyes for the motor mounts are broke on the top of my current header,my extra motor's header still has the eyes in tact, I would change them myself, but I think I have to take the timing chains off, and I wouldnt know how to put it back to how it should be. Im to much of a noob..

take a picture but if it's just your header then it is only 2 bolts

I took all of the bolts out to take the header off, it was 4 really longs bolts that go all the way to the bottom of the engine and then I had to take the timing chain cover off and take out 2 bolts under that and I still think I have to take off the timing chain to remove the header or top of the motor, whatever ou wanna call it.Is there any way to just take the top part off where the eyes for the motor mounts are? I just need to swap it out.

His top motor mount hole is broken off the head if I remember correctly. No, dude, there is no other way other than to swap the heads. Unles, you cut the other one off and have it welded on... But that is a lot of heat to put on that head.

This just came to me... The only other thing you could to is fab up a bracket, that uses the valve cover bolts (3 exhuast cover, 2 intake) and have it come up to the 2 bolt holes in the chassis. That should be enough bolts to keep everything strong.

This just came to me... The only other thing you could to is fab up a bracket, that uses the valve cover bolts (3 exhuast cover, 2 intake) and have it come up to the 2 bolt holes in the chassis. That should be enough bolts to keep everything strong.

Yea, I was thinking of having a custom bracket fabricated and welded on where the eyes are, maybe have the remains of the broken eyes grinded down and smoothed out and putting a bracket there.Idk, I might just do my original plan and have my local atv repair shop swap the heads while they are figuring out my electric start. Im going to be putting in alot of cash I bet...

Back