What do I have here? 87 rear

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paintslinga2010

Reaction score
Notice the beautiful welds. This is on the 87 I bought for 200. I have a 91 but this is different so im not sure what I will need to fix this right. After I grind off the welds of course.

Ha thanks. The pictures I see online dont show the bar going across the top. Has that been added. Basically im just trying to figure what size hardware I need to if it right after I grind off the welds.

Yeah, they tried to copy the 2nd gen design. I can't tell but it almost looks line they welded the carrier to the swinger as well. If you keep the cross bar you'll have to find a super long bolt. I would find a better way to reinforce the carrier and put the stubby bolts back like it belongs.

It looks like the long bolt they had sheared and they welded the carrier to the swingarm. I will probably cut the crossbar out and use the original setup. Do the upper bolts thread into the swingarm or do they use a nut on the end. ?

Thanks for the help guys. A little worried about why the did what they did. Hopefully nothing is too bent. The cross bar is welded on to the swing arm itself

that looks a bit rough i have a swing arm and carrier if u decide to just replace it

Back