What did you do to your quad today?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't mess with the mounts man. One of the things you don't want to fail... Suspension.

Thanks DRW loving the saver and rollers! Heel guards just what I was after!

I packed all my gear and put my bike on the trailer and made the 20min drive to the only small lake I'm willing to still trust for one last ride on the ice. So I head out on the lake taking it easy while the engine is still warming up. I'm not going to get really good top end speeds today because there was 2-6" of snow on the ice. 3,then 4th gear doing 40-50 mph even with the wheel spin. 5th gear, flick the back end out a bit, this is why I built this thing.

Then a little clunk and the engine revs up but not spinning the tires. I shut it down and roll to a stop. I got off to see what's wrong, the chain is GONE! The plastic guide is broken but other then that no other damage. I spent about 20 min kicking through the snow to find the chain. It was in fine shape other then the missing master link.

Now I have to get my heavy ass R6 warrior back to my car in 2-6" of snow. **** MY LIFE. I took of my coat and helmet and start pushing it the 1km (.6 mile). I did have a rope so I tide myself to it and tried pulling. I'm 200lbs and in good shape but this thing was kicking my ass. I fell a few times and was making really slow progress 6" at a time. I made it about 1/2 way when an angel on a SkiDoo came out to rescue me. He said he had watched me struggle for almost an hour before coming to help.

All is good now that my bike is home safe and sound and I have a stiff rum in my hand.

Far off in the distance you can just see where my car is parked.

image-18_zpsf2ad2796.jpg

Flipped the rear tires. So easy. Made a huge difference in handling confidence. I'll post a pic of the comparison.

Got the holeshots on the beadlocks and put the stock airbox back on for now. Also started to put the new motor in the other quad. Found it didnt have a piston or headgasket lol luckily i have them and a wiseco sitting on the shelf
CDA7C52C-AE5E-45BD-904F-C8788C2C40FD-3655-000003E420B70F12_zps93175e02.jpg

Lost the rear hub axle bolt. :( My fault for not checking if it was tight, but would any local places carry them? My shops have to order parts in so they're no good. However there's a yamaha dealer like 30min away, maybe?

Got the motor pulled out of partzilla and got some new pics. can anybody tell me what the bottom of my motor was rubbing on (frame rail i suspect, but why)? check the pics and please chime in with advise, I dont want to rub a hole in my motor!
IMAG1510_zpsb98b6a32.jpg

IMAG1509_zps00ec7811.jpg

should I just fill both holes with JB and drill and retap to M8?

Back