What did you do to your quad today?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now debating over AMSOIL or some Rotella from my stash......
I am an AMSOIL dealer but yet I love running HDEO's, I have been researching VOA's and UOA's for a week and it seems the Rotella T5 has less moly. than the AMSOIL but AMSOIL is a tad higher in ZDDP's and Calcium, and I'm pretty sure they are using calium as an ester in this case (a detergent or cleaning agent).
I would like to try regular Rotella in the summer but not sure about the 15w yet, it does not get all that hot here in central PA and some small engines react better than others with 15w. I have had UOA's go south with silver and other heavy metals when I switched certain small engines over to 15w........ I write it off as lack of flow capability @ startup on summer mornigs.

please let us know more. I feed off info like this.

New here but......
scraped the OE type air filter in favor of a UNI although I'm NOT going to oil it, and with that said I'm now ebaying for a pre-filter, but I have a real problem paying as much for a pre-filter as I did the damn filter (talk about over priced terry/cheese cloth!).
Also scraped OE hand grip in favor of a set of Pro-taper "soft" grips that I picked up at MOTORAMA (local annual "man" gathering, pretty much includes anything with a motor)....

Now debating over AMSOIL or some Rotella from my stash......
I am an AMSOIL dealer but yet I love running HDEO's, I have been researching VOA's and UOA's for a week and it seems the Rotella T5 has less moly. than the AMSOIL but AMSOIL is a tad higher in ZDDP's and Calcium, and I'm pretty sure they are using calium as an ester in this case (a detergent or cleaning agent).
I would like to try regular Rotella in the summer but not sure about the 15w yet, it does not get all that hot here in central PA and some small engines react better than others with 15w. I have had UOA's go south with silver and other heavy metals when I switched certain small engines over to 15w........ I write it off as lack of flow capability @ startup on summer mornigs.

How did I miss this, I like

got my +2 ASR's

IMG-20130306-WA0005.jpg

those are awesome. you gonna like it I guarantee.

Took my shee shocks to work today to clean them up. Seems like one of them is leaking from the top seal :( Think im just gonna run em and see what happens I guess........Im a bit bummed

Installed the +2 ASR's still gotta bleed brakes and adjust the tie rods a little but #5 is lookin mean now!

2013-03-07222357.jpg

IMG-20130307-WA0007.jpg

Last edited:
Nice. I want to get a set of those hand guards at some point. What year is that warrior in the background?

Thats gonna be my next upgrade! Got the fronts the other day and now gotta find a rear!

Blew up my Blaster, I also installed the new intake manifold on my Warrior. Previous owner siliconed in badly.

Raised the jet needle dropped the clip, pen spring valve cap mod, turned air/fuel screw out 3 1/2 turns from bottomed out.

i replaced front hubs, put my new float in carb did an oil change and changed filter replaced spark plug and replaced the starter clutch

Pulled the carb off for the rebuild. Finished up my lower chain roller. Shaved my stock clutch lever to get rid of all the useless crap. Installed the front shee shocks. Now at a stand still till my raptor clutch stuff comes in along with my carb parts.

Raised the jet needle dropped the clip, pen spring valve cap mod, turned air/fuel screw out 3 1/2 turns from bottomed out.

If you turned it that far out you may want to jump up on your pilot jet size. Keep an eye on that screw it's at the point where it can vibrate out, due to lack of spring tension on it.

Painted my hubs, installing new brake pads, greased my front bearings and my brake caliper pins.

If you turned it that far out you may want to jump up on your pilot jet size. Keep an eye on that screw it's at the point where it can vibrate out, due to lack of spring tension on it.

I turned it out that far because i raised the needle jet and wanted to compensate for that so it wont run lean.

Back