What did you do to your quad today?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the drain plug out. Changed the oil and filter. Put the nerfs on. Installed the new air filter set up. Removed the heel guards. Spend way to much time on the wire harness. Then I got the bright idea to fire up the wifes Polaris......pissing gas all over the ******* place. Got so mad I quit for the night. I think that pos is going on craigslist. **** it! Oh and I thought of a name for the war pig....the dirty Dutchman, cause its always dirty and built on my cheap ass dutch budget. I need a beer.

got The Trakkers from MidwayUSA(AL)Thanks again man! mounted on rims now I'm Going out in the Garage to install Them on the WarSki aka Number 5

Oh yeah these fuckers are heavy and thick as hell the tires alone weigh more than my Holeshots on steel rims is that normal for paddle tires???

2012-12-22191010.jpg

Last edited:
Installed my ASV clutch lever and raptor clutch release parts as well. The clutch release parts made a huge difference

these Kenda Trakkers are Nylon and they are over 20lbs a piece! and that's without rims
my Holeshots are right around 15-18lbs with rims

2012-12-22201532.jpg
2012-12-22201553.jpg
2012-12-22201500.jpg
2012-12-22201517.jpg

Last edited:
I went for the first ride on the Razr 2's. Forest trails with a 3-4" of snow, my god do they ever hook up!! Everything was going great until I got one front tire hung up in a deep rut. The bike stoped, I went sliding into the air box (it's where the tank was originally). I landed up pushing the air box along with the carbs forward pulling the 4 carbs from the rubber intake boots. There was no chance of fixing it where it was so I had to walk back to my car (2km). Then push my quad to the road (100m) through the snow and back on the trailer.

I'm back home, and drinking a few beers after fixing the bike. I'm beat it's amazing how hard it is to push a warrior in the snow.

^ next on the list should be a turbo i believe? oh and a airbox cover?

Alex, your more then welcome to come try it out. If you feel that 100hp isn't enough for a trail bike. I'll let you help me instal a turbo on it. For now I'll just try to not slam my balls into the air box.

lol man i thought 100hp wasnt enough for you! i mean you should be able to go 0-60 off road in under 3 seconds right? i dont even know how you can handle that thing lol.

lol man i thought 100hp wasnt enough for you! i mean you should be able to go 0-60 off road in under 3 seconds right? i dont even know how you can handle that thing lol.

100hp is more then enough for tight trails but on open trails or in a big open pit more power would be useful. Have you ever driven/ridden anything that had too much power. I'll never be able to afford a super car, but with a little work I build a super bike powered quad.

I have a 2009 Yamaha R1 in the shed. The 160hp cross plane engine will be going into a future project. The bike was in a bad wreck, the forks, front plastics, dash and key switch are all smashed or missing. I'll need to find a set of electronics from an American bike to replace the stuff thats on it. Canadian and euro bike have built in immobilizer so the key switch has to match the engine computer.

I have two ideas for the engine, first would be a 660 raptor frame and build another trail quad. The other idea is to mount the R1 engine in the back of my VW buggy to replace the 65hp aircooled VW engine.

I'm not going to have much play money for a while because I'm engaged now and wedding **** is f*cking expensive!

As I said to Alex, if ANYONE wants to try out my R6 warrior I'm in Barrie Ontario. Bring your bike and we'll go for a ride, we can swap bikes for a bit.

100hp is more then enough for tight trails but on open trails or in a big open pit more power would be useful. Have you ever driven/ridden anything that had too much power. I'll never be able to afford a super car, but with a little work I build a super bike powered quad.

I have a 2009 Yamaha R1 in the shed. The 160hp cross plane engine will be going into a future project. The bike was in a bad wreck, the forks, front plastics, dash and key switch are all smashed or missing. I'll need to find a set of electronics from an American bike to replace the stuff thats on it. Canadian and euro bike have built in immobilizer so the key switch has to match the engine computer.

I have two ideas for the engine, first would be a 660 raptor frame and build another trail quad. The other idea is to mount the R1 engine in the back of my VW buggy to replace the 65hp aircooled VW engine.

I'm not going to have much play money for a while because I'm engaged now and wedding **** is f*cking expensive!

As I said to Alex, if ANYONE wants to try out my R6 warrior I'm in Barrie Ontario. Bring your bike and we'll go for a ride, we can swap bikes for a bit.

Man if i wasc anywhere close to you i would love to get in an open field and swap with you just forr a few minutes to feel the craziness!! i have had a few r6's and they are really nicley powerd i can only imagin what it feels like in a quad!!!

do ya want to come down here to michigan to ride the dunes in the MI meet? august 17 at the silver lake dunes! your welcome to come as with anyone else that wants to go! (deadlast is going) i want to se that thing with paddles and lots on sand. it will kick the ass of anything up there i guarentee it lol

Back