What did you do to your quad today?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i actualy had to turn the ac on in the shop today...

but i spent most of my day building a prototype disc type rear guard for the 450 and i walked around and talked about walle! thats about it with mine today..

Funny thing there is Im actually looking for a small wood burner for my shed so I can do stuff when its cold!!
I made one out of an old steel 5 gallon pail. Welded some legs on it, and some hinges where the lid was for a door. Used some old BBQ grills for the plate. Then cut a hole in the back for the pipe.. Super simple "cheap", and it works good. :iagree:

Last edited:
You wanna see a wood stove? You should see the one in our shop! '00 WO YA! saw iy, he'll tell ya how massive it is. It can be 20* outside, and it will hold 65* all day long in here. And, our shop is NOT small.

I ordered a replacement chain from sidwinder in Chicago $165 shipped, 120 links, 16000lb tensil. Ordered a 45t rear sprocket for the YFZ450 axle. I checked in with the guys at Motorcity ATV in MI, I'm going to pick up a few parts on Friday from them. My used Houser YFZ450 swinger was shipped today as well. Next week I'm going to try to get this rear end put together.

I ordered a replacement chain from sidwinder in Chicago $165 shipped, 120 links, 16000lb tensil. Ordered a 45t rear sprocket for the YFZ450 axle. I checked in with the guys at Motorcity ATV in MI, I'm going to pick up a few parts on Friday from them. My used Houser YFZ450 swinger was shipped today as well. Next week I'm going to try to get this rear end put together.

Ray and his guys at Motor City ATV are some shady sellers/people. Beware when buying from them...........

Rappy97, thanks for the warning. I should be ok, as I'll be dealing face to face with cash.

I just got home from working all night flying in from Vancouver. My new to me Houser YFZ450 swing arm had been delivered. Still in my pilot uniform I unwrapped and put it all together to see how much work it's going to take to make it usable on my R6 YFM. It looks like I'll have to do some creative thinking but it will work.

Tore my swing arm out and started cleaning it up, getting all the paint off it. Looks pretty cool i wish i could just keep it polished and run it that way but to many small pockets to get to its not worth my time. I'm just going to paint it up black i think unless I get some red paint. Also cut the foot pegs apart that I had laying around and bolted them to the back my pegs with a nut in between them so now I have some nice double wide pegs they seem pretty stable I am going to weld on them a bit to so they stay in place but they would probably be just fine as is. then i'm going to do a little filing on them to grip a bit better.

i shoved a plug in my warrior's muffler and it sprayed gas everywhere! (i winterized it)

I wish there was one around here too, the closest one to me requires membership and second closest limits quads to 90cc

Well i changed my front sprocket on my rappy 350 to a 12t. Lets just say it wasnt the easiest thing i ever had to do and i consider myself a pretty good hands on kinda guy. That nut was on so tight it wasnt even funny. Ended up smashing my finger which i hate. Anyways after i broke the factory nut lose all went well. Then come to find out after i finished, I HATED THE NEW SPROCKET!!!!! What a waste of time lol.

You guys need to stop bitching about tracks... I have to dry close to 2 hours just to ride trails!

just put my newest 98 warrior plastics back on and its came with a new stator coil battery and put all that on to paid 310 for it starts right up and runs good now just need some tires not sure what kind im getting yet

Attachments

• IMG_20121202_153545.jpg
    IMG_20121202_153545.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 11
I do a lot of night riding so I put HIDs in my warrior. We will see how long they last. I got them pretty cheap. They are night and day difference.

6CC36D9B-A574-4997-A404-181E91CC29C3-8713-0000064935DB4078.jpg

84071825-4C02-47D4-AFE0-700B253CF161-8713-000006492ED102BE.jpg

Back