what cam chain to buy?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

insane

Reaction score
for old 87 warrior... I read that the D.I.D chain has smaller links, just wondering what you guys think..

I'm not sure where you heard that the DID has smaller links... if it wasn't the same size as stock it wouldn't work at all.

I dunno, the did I put in mine looked to be about the same as the stock one and after a couple of years isn't giving any trouble. I haven't had it apart since the rebuild to see how much it stretched though.

thanx guys all i need to know.. just wanted to know there decent

YamaRider said:
I dunno, the did I put in mine looked to be about the same as the stock one and after a couple of years isn't giving any trouble. I haven't had it apart since the rebuild to see how much it stretched though.

I still have the D.I.D. in mine. There is a difference in the links as I said earlier. If it does stretch the adjuster will take it up. I haven't checked the aduster after 1 year of full riding. I think it would be just fine. yamahasportsplaza.com will ship parts cheaper then you can get at any dealer. Which ever way you go in my opinion you will be ok.

Back