Went to a dark side...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deuce

Reaction score
Well I am no longer a owner of a Warrior...

I ended with a Z400 as its replacement. It was sad to let it go honestly because it was a great quad and dead reliable. Unfortunately though it just couldn't perform up to what I wanted, unless I dumped tons of cash into it and made an elite.

To be honest, I'm not sure yet.

I'm kinda meticulous or OCD with my toys... It needed a rear carrier bearing which is honestly nothing. But I am tearing the bike down and all apart to make sure everything is in order. I'd prefer to go through it all and make sure everything is 105% now rather than have something break down later because I was in a rush to ride it.

It has a little work done, which I will be adding to in the process.

So far it has a 434 kit, Stage 2 hot cams, a Dynatek CDI, and E-Series exhaust.

I'm going to switch to a Sparks exhaust, add in some Kibbelwhite stainless valves and springs since the stock valves are soft, and maybe some more.

But I am already happy with it. The warrior was great, but unfortunately if I continued to invest in upgrading it, I would have never recuperated the money I put into it. At least this bike has a little better value and in my books is worth it a little more to put some funds into.

My final plan is to have it close to being like a 450, but with reverse so I can do everything with it.

I still have my 250R and Banshee for MX and going all out.

nice! my buddy has one! i love it.

the best thing about warriors is that you can buy them so cheap...not many other quads are like that

meaning...thats why i cant have a z400...lol

Last edited:
e series on a z400? Someone custom make that? Lemme know when you go to sell it.

There ok. Kinda run of the mill. I have plenty of friends that run them. One thing to note and do is get that swing arm bolt out and grease the F out of it!

Awesome sounds like a badass quad check out the one built by gtthunder, they put fullbore 250r plastic on it and theres another where someone trimmed the headlight area and put a 250r hood on it

Eh it will be close to a 450, but I think they still have an edge... until I get done hopefully.

I may get the head ported depending on how much that will cost me. I'm also going to swap out the piston and go high compression but keep it at 13:1 so I can get by on 93 pump premium (I don't want all of my bikes to require race fuel).

I think once the motor is done, a long with a good suspension setup it will just come down to a matter of rider ability.

As for a budget, if you shop around you can find them for cheap, but they usually just require a little work if you know what you're doing and don't mind getting your hands dirty.

I think I like the z400 with the hood better. Dont get me wrong I love the looks as it being a 250r, but that should be kept for 250R's and hybrids.

But that hood fits the cut look very well. I'd totally go for that, but I'm going to be keeping mine so I can run lights.

i have 2 of these XD a completely stock '04 kfx400 (same as a z400) and a '06 ltz400 that i'm strengthening weak point's on the frame (i.e upper front shock mounts, top motor mounts, and where the sub frame mounts) i'm also putting a 2mm over 13.5:1 wiseco piston and kibblewhite valves. Self port job on the head (love owning a shop). should do decent when i'm done :).

ltz's z's and kfx's are all fun bikes my dad and sis both ride kfx's and they are fun but really top heavy and low on torque compared to my warrior neither will hang with mine when mines running right with a good clutch :evilface: but thats just mine good bikes not a fan of the fuel shut off/petcock system thats a pain in my a$$

Back