Well its gone!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WrenchWarrior903

Reaction score
Almost shed a tear last night boys. watched the wardog drive away, and
at least it looks to be going to a happy home!. I absolutely made sure that he will hopefully join the forum..... its a wealth of good info!

Farewell wardog...you were a great ride!:tup:

(ps...dont hate me boys, but that newsed 07 450r sure is fast...)...I guess i joined the darkside.

honda 450r? i understand....lol.

recently traded my warrior for a 300ex

honda has always been tough!!

cant blame you.. if I was to buy a new Sport bike it would be a TRX450R.. but I hardly ever use the sport bike so the one that's paid for is more than enough :) not to mention the ammount of abuse my warrior has gotten and still runs like a top is amazing

Honda does make an awesome bike. I was gunna get an EX, after riding my uncles 08 EX and my friends 88 warrior, I chose the wardog. The EX didn't impress me and I didn't like the feel.

i woulda got a YFZ 450 if i woulda had the choice.

My prob with all the 450 bikes is no reverse. That and the honda needs shims to adjust the valves. They way I got my warrior set up, it had PLENTY of balls.

yea i had a yfz 450 before i had this warrior aand i have to admit i miss the extreme torque that monster had!!

I've never ridden a new 450 from and of the big 4. But, I still think that the warrior is a better trail machine. It would be nice if yamaha would increase the displacement to 400cc, and make some other small changes, to make it more competitive with the 400ex and z400 off the show room floor. Hell, keeping the current 350cc and adding a 4 valve head would be slick.

Actually the warrior had plenty of power and was a good trail machine. And it was tough as nails. But beleive it or not i can ride twice as hard and fast and my back and other aging and failing 38yr old body components dont get near as beat up. The chassis is sooo much more compliant and fast over rough terrain. You just dont fight it as much. That and its so balls ass fast im satisified...for a little while. Damn 4 wheeler addiction!

And yes guys I would have loved a yfz...down here they are expensive for a 07 to 10 model....And i know the history of this honda. But 3 gs cash and all it needs is a pipe and front tires....pretty cheap for a 07 trx450er.

The KFX450R is the only 450 that I'm aware of that has a reverse. I'm a Yamaha man so I don't give any special respect towards Honda, aside from the 250R, mainly b/c I hate their hunk of **** cars! Yup, I said it, Only the people that fix em know how Shitty they are. Anyway, I think my choice other than a Warrior would have to be a Rappy 700R, nice machine for about whatever. I would love to see Yamaha do a revised 4 valve 350 based engine, maybe up to a 400! It would be Cool,hell b/c I think both Honda & Suzuki have their 400's back this year. Good buy though man, have fun with it, Even though it is a Honda;)

I can't stand honda cars either man. They have some stupid engineering. I feel the same about toyota. I don't think that I will ever own a new 450. I MAY be able to finagle getting a yfz for cheap. But, I'd only be getting it for resale. I'd be happy getting a rolling 450 chassis and building a 400 big bore or 450 bore/stroker warrior engine and shoe horning it in that roller. Tried and true warrior engine with new chassis and suspension.

there WAS a 07 yfz 450 rolling chasy here on craigslist just missing engine for $800

Last edited:
if I was going for the 700 class it would be a Kawi Vforce

heavy and expensive to mod with little results when you do :tdown: Good for trails

700xx - heavy runs good but without head work limited in power

Buy a raptor- big 3 and you have a high 40 low 50 hp bike :slayer:

Back