Well, I think I broke something!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
right on. well parts should be in today or tomorrow. ive got to finish polishing my clutch case cover and get it cleared. ill see if i can get a new digital camera (mine old one broke) and get some pics of the damage and the rebuild. think i might have a new paper weight for my desk in the form of my stock crank! lol later

The FST isn't the wisest kit to purchase, they still use the stock rod. If you want a very tough crank get the hotrods stroker crank, it's 4 times stronger than stock. If you get nos, the NX kit doesn't use the little red button, rather a full throttle switch. You have to activate the power switch for the fuel pump and whole system first, and then when you push to full throttle in third gear it hits a switch that's on your thumb throttle and gives you the feeling of a hand grenade going off behind you!!! ;D ;D ;D The NX kit is much more advanced than the push button style boondocker. The kit is also a wet style that shoots liquid nos and fuel into the manifold between the carb and head, not just a fog into the air filter (that can possibly freeze up your carb). The wet kits hit much harder and run like fuel injection, so no tuning is required. They have a fuel pressure safety switch also.

right on boxhead. the 400 stroker kit i got was the hotrods crank and rod. nitrous sounds like a lot of fun, but a little dangerous for trails (i mostly ride trails). i know i wouldnt have to use it, but i know if it is there i would probably be tempted to hit it sometime and end up clipping a few trees! maybe if i just raced it or rode dunes, but i might change my mind one of these days. how much does a wet system cost these days?

With everything installed including a custom bracket, required pingle dual outlet fuel petcock, and the safety switches it'll be around 700 or so, but you can get the kit cheaper at many places if you're a manipulator. 700 for something that can add 25hp with the supplied jets is a much better deal than paying over 1200 for a stroker that won't even rev up nearly as quick. The strokers are nice for those who like to wheelie and lug the motor, but if you really haul balls everywhere go for the nos. You can add from a 10hp shot up in 5hp increments until 25hp with the jets they give you. If you use a 10hp shot that wouldn't be too dangerous to use on the wider orv routes. For hillclimbs it's a real treat, nos adds a shitton of torque and accelerates the quad just about as fast as you can shift. The best thing to do if you want to haul ass is just a very slight overbore (.02" over), 10.25 or up on compression, a race profile cam (greatly compliments nos by keeping the cylinder pressure down), and using a very good quality gasket. The 10.75 to 1 piston should use 98 octane fuel with a race cam, but you could use lower octane levels with the lower compression pistons out there. You shouldn't use the nos with stock compression, too low of compression makes it hard to ignite the fuel/nos combo. A aftermarket ignition with a higher spark energy is a definate plus, but again you want to prevent detonation by not advancing the timing much on it.

a stroker should rev up to full power a hell of a lot quicker than it did before it went to the shop! like i said, maybe nitrous will come into the picture later, but im not messing with it right now. ill get some power/time curves on the dyno when it gets finished and post them up. i got some pics of the starting of the rebuild so ill try to post them up soon. hopefully we it should be done and up on the dyno for tuning by tomorrow (thursday). should be ready to ride this weekend after break-in on friday. ill keep yall posted. later

ok, well the warrior should be up on the dyno sometime today (depending on how busy the shop is). as soon as i get some dyno curves, videos, and more pics ill post them all up. later

well, the warrior is a lot more fun to ride. im finishing breaking it in and going to do the first oil change soon. it wasnt much of a power gain, but it gets up to full power much quicker and has a lot of torque. i might change the gearing to get rid of some torque b/c it had plenty for the trails before and i wouldnt mind having some more top speed. i got some videos on the dyno, riding a little, and some pics of the build so ill get them up once i have time. ive been pretty busy lately with school, work, setting up the new house out at the land, (moving in soon, now ill be able to walk out my front door and go ride!) and my new girlfriend, so i havent got the chance to upload stuff to the net and post it yet. ill try to do it today, but no promises. got some other crap to work on, but ill get to this eventually. sorry for the delay. in statistics class right now so i gotta go. later!

not really much of a gain, if any at all, just much more torque and acceleration. ill see if i can get some dyno curves printed off at the shop, scan em and post em up. just been lazy lately and havent got around to unloading my digital camera. gotta go, in class again. later!

hey yall. well its late and im having trouble sleeping so i thought i would post up some pics of the rebuild. havent scanned dyno sheets or uploaded dyno run videos, but ill get to that soon.
everything torn down
ec747030.jpg

mmmm, hotrods!!!
ec74702e.jpg

please insert barnett clutch here!
ec74702f.jpg

Bored cylinder
ec747031.jpg

Stroker piston from CP pistons
ec746ca4.jpg

ec746c9e.jpg

Damn i need some head!!! (on the motor!)
ec74689a.jpg

Port and polish!
ec746755.jpg

Motor back in the Warrior! Notice the polished clutch case cover. i left it a little rough, but i like it that way. ;) and yes i know it is dirtier that a 2 dollar whore without a condom, but ill get to that!
ec7464dc.jpg

once again guys, sorry about the wait for posting. ive been going through a lot lately. i just moved out to my new house on our land and getting settled in took a while. so now i can just walk outside, jump on my quad and go ride. gotta start working on my track though. hopefully it pisses snow this winter so i can break out the old tractor and make some snow jumps! in other news, i will be a daddy soon! my girlfriend and i are having a baby boy and she is due in march! we have sorta decided on dalton for the name, but if you guys have any ideas i would be glad to hear them. and yes, you bet your ass he will be riding a quad one of these days! well, its about 230am here in the big MO so im gonna try to get some sleep. later masturbators!

Back