weird noise please read

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yzdude250f

Reaction score
Just took a big gamble on a warrior i rebuilt, Never really got a chance to ride it before i redid it, problem is in first gear i get a clunk clunk clunk noise while taking off not sure if its thru the whole gear as the clutch is weak and slips. But it makes no noise in any other gear no skipping or jumping while in first either just the noise.
I'm curious if its the gear set, or if the starter one way is catching or anything that shares the same gear as first. If anyone else has has this issue could it be the gear linkage for forward and reverse out of adjustment and not set in "forward" all the way. I know the clutch is weak could the clutch be clunking, I'm clueless.
Its not chain slap because i put a socket on the sprocket and turned it over in first with the clutch in and with the clutch out with no spark plug and still get the noise. I'm positive its not rod knock.I want to say its a clearance issue in my clutch idk though want pointers before i take it apart. Back when i put my modded cover on for oil cooling i swear i seen the indexing marks on the clutch basket and inner hub not aligned but you would think it would cause an issue 24/7.​

wait if you had the wheeler in 1st, with the clutch pulled in and it still made the sound wouldnt that mean that it isnt first gear since its not engaging with the clutch in?

Opps my bad your correct, just went out and checked it again. only out

I was going to replace the clutch while it was apart, Now is it an indexing mark on the inner hub and outer or what that need to be lined up.

Its a small arrow and yes they need to be lined up on the pressure plate and hub boss but not on the basket the basket dosent have one

Back