weird electrical prob

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrjim0214

Reaction score
so im puttin front end together, hood, lights, etc. my winch dont work, check switch=wire off- no prob. i hook up lights, key switch---lights lite up, engine cranks.......go to go!!! NOT, i put it all together, turn key----no lights, no crank, nuttin. winch works (its wired direct to NEW battery) so i take lights off bracket and "voila" everything good to go again, lights, cranks over, nothing is pinched, everything neatly wired tied,,,,,,,,,so i ask "WTF"
this also happened in the woods just riding, after a break it wouldnt do anything-----towed a few miles, did nothing to it at all and it started.......again "WTF" (i tried bump start with no luck also)

I have that issue every now and then but I found the problem just have to wait till spring when it warms up to fix permanently

when mine does it I have to tap the big plug behind the left sub frame rail where the solenoid is not sure if the older year warriors have the same plug or not though
it's between the left sub-frame rail and the battery box

ill look for it, not sure if i got 1. what the hell did taking out 3 bolts and laying the lites over (still wired up) do to make it work again??? i left it like that in frustration, ill have to bolt them back up n try again:loco: and look for that plug also........gotta a pic of plug n location ????
oh n all my plugs are lubed up with di-electric grease (i say all, mighta missed 1 or 2 i suppose)

Last edited:
it's the plug that the rectifier plugs into I'm not for certain it's the plug or a bad wire in that spot it's a bitch to get to unless I remove the rear fenders so that's why me gonna wait till spring haha!

2013-02-06012311.jpg

yep between the frame and battery box
ok ill look after work, doesnt look familiar but i havent been in there in a bit and i stuffed my **** up in there to try n protect it, ill pop fenders and take a look tomorrow and let ya know what i find, 2 nite all i did was take lites off and it worked. i was know where near the ass end at all :loco:

your key ignition has the male/female nipple plugs right not the plastic snap together plug?
I would check and make sure all those nipple connectors are all nice and tightly plugged together I bet those are your culprits Jim

so im puttin front end together, hood, lights, etc. my winch dont work, check switch=wire off- no prob. i hook up lights, key switch---lights lite up, engine cranks.......go to go!!! NOT, i put it all together, turn key----no lights, no crank, nuttin. winch works (its wired direct to NEW battery) so i take lights off bracket and "voila" everything good to go again, lights, cranks over, nothing is pinched, everything neatly wired tied,,,,,,,,,so i ask "WTF"
this also happened in the woods just riding, after a break it wouldnt do anything-----towed a few miles, did nothing to it at all and it started.......again "WTF" (i tried bump start with no luck also)

Ive had this happen to me thats similar. We were riding all day for several hours. Took a break then went back out to ride at night. Got in the woods, shut off the quad, to help someone get unstuck, then tried to restart mine and nothing! Towed the bitch home ( wife towed me, which she thought was histarical) i check everything i could with the tools i had at the time and couldnt find nothing. Tried to push start it, Nothing. Once i got it home i found my stator took a complete **** on me. Installed new one and all is good now.

Another problem i had with another warrior i had was when the stator connection into the main harness would get wet or even damp it would arc to each other and wouldnt start until the chit would dry out. I solved that by a ton of dielectric grease on connectors and wrapped the connectors with a bag and taped and greased the ends so no water will get in.

just got home, freakin cold as a witches tit here, but 12" + on the way, yea!!!
i looked quick and as i said its stuffed up there(that plug), fenders gotta come off, i will check everything under hood AGAIN thou, may be ignition switch, dunno.......

HAULER, when it happens to u what do u do? jiggle the plug?

917 i dont think it stator cause it happen twice and ran fine after it restarted, but again........dunno.......

is there anything i could/should check??????

its a shitty feeling going into woods and worrying about this:tdown:

Back