weekend accomplishments!! (pics)

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laraptor350

Reaction score
this past saturday i wound up gettin a chance to work on the quad and finally put my trail tech lights on it....it was fairly easy since i had found a spot on the frame that looked like it was pretty much pre fabricated for those particular lights...
0226070757.jpg

after discovering this i imediately told my friend ryan that we were going to try and mount them there. it took a total of thirty minutes to install, wire and tape all the wires back up. here's the finished product hope you like....
0226070759.jpg

0226070758b.jpg

0226070758.jpg

after we installed my lights we went to work on his 400ex...the bolts that held the cam gear to the cam shaft had backed out causing them to get torn to shreds....none of the local dealers carrys any parts in stock so we had to improvise for now....we rode around for about three hours trying to find those bolts when i had a bright idea of going to my friends boat marina to see if they had any...well they did and we finished putting his bike back together and all was great!!

as for those lights, they are def. the brightest lights i've seen on a quad...they put the stock brights to shame..and imo i think they look great...let me know what ya'll think..

Are those the regular halogens or the HIDs? I have a similar set of the halogens on mine that use the same mr16 bulbs, and after having 4 of those damn $6 light bulbs take a **** on me, i think i'm going back to my stock lights.

i have the regular's....they are bright as hell and i like the **** out of them!! they are awesome compared to the stockers so i dont think i'll ever go back!!!

Yeah, they are bright. But... $24 worth of light bulbs in 3 months will make you start thinking about it a little more. This kind of light bulb wasn't designed for the abuse of off-roading, and it shows.

I finally made the bracket for my blue halogens, this weekend after i hook up the wires I'll take a picture of it, looks pretty trick.

Yeah a ballast went bad on my HIDs...The ballast alone is 50 bucks. And the only reason it is that cheap is because they don't make them anymore and they have some laying around.

sorry i haven't been on in a while been fighting a serious case of the flu...but anyway here are the pics i promised with both sets of lights on...keep in mind the pics are from a cell phone so they aren't top quality but ur gonna get the idea..
ok, here are the stockers..
0226072007.jpg

0226072008.jpg

here are they trail tech 35watt lights...
0226072007a.jpg

0226072008a.jpg

as you can see there is a hell of a difference!! all in all i am very pleased with the purchase!!

Alright retarded question, but I assume you can't run both sets of lights with the stock stator, at least not while idling. So are you running them seperatley and just flipping between them, or are you planning to run them linked with an upgraded stator?

BTW it looks bad ass and I hope they hold up well for you on the trails.

well i can run the stock lights and the trail techs at the same time but im gonna take the stockers off so i dont overload the stator!! and i hope they hold up as well..thanx for all the comments!

Back