Ways to make cover for the space left from light removable

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loui350

Reaction score
Hey everyone seems to be taking the lights off their warriors. Ive always wanted to do this but how did you make the cover guys? And how did you mount it to make secure? Pictures of how you mounted it would be great.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Most guys just use a thin steel or aluminum sheet and bend it to forum the hole and run a couple of bolts or screws through the plastic

I have some I just still uncertain how to mount it

I think you should be original and make your own style cover,, maybe use a piece of flat plastic the same color as your hood and lightly heat the sides to bend it so it holds the shape then mount it!! Would be different!

Or maybe go to a autoparts store and get one of those small carbonfiber hood scoops that stick on and put that over the hole and make alittle grill to go inside it like a car!! that would look sweet..

Last edited:
@PHANTOMLORD lol I like your thinking haha. And ive thought of a few ways to do it so ill probably make it. Thanks tho @1998yamahawarrior

Well how much do you make them for?

$15 shipped for unpainted and unbent, $20 shipped bent and painted for a sheet metal one. I can make them out of other metals to, price depends on metal though.

Hmm wanna put up a picture for me ?

heres the one I made for mine, first one I ever did so its not as good as the ones I sell. But mine is aluminum, so I need to either deal with it or buy some new!!

Heres one along side some scoops I made for some one

Oooh your the guy with the yellow warrior haha I really like ur quad. Cool man ill make mine. I do have some questions about your quad if you wanna answer them for me

Where did you get that hood for your quad? Its not like most warriors stock plastic hoods.
What kinda lights are you using on your handlebars?
What brand are you handle brush guards?

Where did you get that hood for your quad? Its not like most warriors stock plastic hoods. Maier Race hood, heres a link right to there warrior section. https://www.maier-mfg.com/catalog/atv/yamaha/yfm350-warrior-0

What kinda lights are you using on your handlebars? Trail Tech bar mount with a spot for one of there gauge computers. Good luck trying to track the whole assembly down though
What brand are you handle brush guards? Cyrca Pro-Bends

Answers in red right next to the question!!

Well look at you :) getting all fancy with the red haha thanks man cant wait to get to work on my warrior to make it look epic

The one piece of advise I give anyone that wants to do alot is, dont jump on all the new parts right off the bat. Get the things that are needed ASAP taken care of and then watch for deals on new and used parts. Grand total into my quad including acquiring it is $2500. That would just cover the Swing arm/axle carrier and shocks if I had purchased everything new!!

Thanks all im doing so far is to paint rims, grab bars, handlebars, axel bearing and all that stuff then im putting a new front grab bar on it. Handle brush guards. New gascap. Cutting the front plastics. Just lots of cheap easy inexpensive stuff.

Thats where I started, the small cheap stuff. In the mean time I was watching here/ebay/amazon and a few other places for to good to pass up deals. Dont go crazy on the plastic cutting like the one of the previous owners of mine and damn near cut them clean off. Took me damn near 3 yrs to find a set in my color, now I just need to get them put on.

Lol trust me ive been looking at different types of cuts for about 2 years now and ive found one I really like. Now the hard part is making it look good and even

Back