Warrior350 breaking up under accleraction

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2001hmfwarrior

Reaction score
Whats up guys , i was wondering if anyone can help me i was out ridding today and when i went out about 10 minuts later my quad started breaking up like (backfiring) under accleration but if im in neutral everythings fine does anyone know what it can be ?

clutch safety switch?
did it not let you go past 1/4 throttle like a limiter?

I have that already off when i get a lil bit past 1/2 throddle it starts to cut out and pack fire

the plugs good and the needle is at the stock position but it was running fine until today

i did that when i put my jets for the exhaust on it sounds like an electrical problem im thinking it could be the 2 relays under the left rear fender and what are the 2 relays for ?and would they cause this problem?

The green one is for the neutral and reverse lights and the cream color one is for the starter

my neutral light works but my electric start dont work and you think that can be the problem that, that relay is goin bad so its causing it to backfire llike its been?

parking brake connection come apart? happened to me before i did the block off and it would backfire something nasty if i tried to give it past 1/4 throttle. cleaned connectors and was fine after

i tried cleaning the contects on the relays and on the plugs but they do look dirty still i used brake cleaner to clean them i cant get with anything to clean them (where the relays plug in ) what should i use ? ill try that tommorw and ill let you guys know

Whats up guys i figured out what is was it was the cream color relay where it plugs in the wire comming out of the harness therea blue wire on the plug that it goes into that was split right in half thanks for alll your guys help everything is working fine now ;)

Back