warrior wont start

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorlewis

Reaction score
i was out riding my stock 01 warrior ran for about 2 hours shut it off and when i tried to start it all i got was a click in the rear relay area of the quad. any ideas?

Try jumping the poles on the solenoid with the key on. If it turns over then you need a solenoid. Also check all connections.

mine isnt a blown solenoid....mine works sometimes and sometimes it dont so i take a screwdriver with me alot

Could be a few things:
Dead battery
Corroded/ loose connections on the battery
Poor grounding
Bad solenoid. Most likley not with the clicking but maybe.
Start there
If you want to check your solenoid you can ring it out with an ohmeter, or pull the one off of your riding lawn mower or a mid 90s ford truck. A 12V solenoid is the same as any other just has a different current capibility. A truck pulls more current than your wheeler.
Just some thoughts

alrite guuys so solenoid still just clicks battery is charged but when i cross the poles on the solenoid no spark at all nothin wtf ? checked all wiring and keven flipped the relays could it be just a bad solenoid but then why wouldnt it arc across the poles?

the one with the giant black case below the relays on the frame? il have to try that thanx man

no start

hay! guys i got my father inlaw a 88 warrior . there is very littel spark with tester . cranks fast check the fuses is good. cleaned all power and grounds no broken wires . i was thinking the cdi box is bad i can find one so any ideas would be great! thanks
:argh:

mine was my battery terminals was loose but you couldnt tell because theres a rubber boot soo get a new terminal and clamp it on there and u should be good

checked my fuse and its good still no start or spark when i cross the poles on the sylenoid. just a click sound from the sylenoid.

yes like i said try your terminals....on your battery lol....if your wires pull out of the terminal it will click your solenoid

i found broken wire a the stator solder them back .have stronger spark but not great. the guy at the dealer said the cdi box rarely go bad . should i get a new stator or what ? :argh:

on my 91 i had a broken battery wire that didnt let me start . check you have power to the silonid if so check that or starter is not jam like mine was after the broken wire was fixed.

Back