warrior wont go into 5th or 6th gear...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrior304

Reaction score
Hey everyone I am brand new to this site, and just have a quick question about a 2000 warrior I am getting ready to buy. Its pretty much a done deal, just waiting to pick it up. Any way the warrior is bored .30 over, jetted and White Brothers E-series pipe, new after market gears,new after market clutch, and has brand new maxxis razor's all the way around. The quad runs great, but it is having a shifting problem. The guy says that it wont go into 5th or 6th gear and only stays in 4th if you hold the shift lever up. He thinks its a bent sift fork, but I was just wondering if anyone might of had this problem before. Well its a hell of a deal and I am not gonna pass it up, but figured I would try and start getting info while I wait. Thanks in advance, and I will keep everyone updated with pics when I pick her up.

Bent shift forks are the most common issue with Warrior transmissions. Other than somebody shifting it wrong, Warrior transmissions are bulletproof. It's usually somebody shifting without the clutch or forcing the shifter when the gears aren't meshed that causes the problems.

thanks...that is what me and a buddy were thinking. He has been around alot of quads in his lie and worked on probably all of them. I am gonna pick it up this weekend and get crackin, hopefully be riding soon. What do you think of these mods on a warrior? I have been riding different bikes all my life, but this is my first warrior.

Back