Warrior won't get up and go

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorkid23

Reaction score
I just got my warrior back together and I was riding it and it gets so far in the rpm and it just brakes up. Popping and just sputters. Also when you are ideling and give a good thumb worth it just bogs bad. I know its in the carb but any suggestions on what else could be wrong and what might be wrong with the carb?
Thanks

To the point where its pointless to even shift outta gear.

Well I took the bowl off and cleaned it and sprayed carb cleaner through all openings and it helped it. It now doesn't bog as much. But when i turn the screw on the side to lower the rpms and give it a good thumb it bogs.

Sounds like your main jet. Take it out and clean it really good, or replace it.
When your carb TRIES too draw through the main jet when you throw the throttle open, it is starving the motor for fuel.

same problem with mine last fall... Its most likely your main jet, like hatfield said. (I would replace it if i were you.)

I had that problem, and after replacing the main jet and cleaning the carb, I found it to be the accelerator pump. It's in the carb, but it's a little needle that has a rubber boot that acts like a spring for it. What I found was it was sticking. Clean that real good, and you should be set.

Just to let you know, there's a small spring on the other end of the plunger, the boot just covers it.

When I took the bowl off there was a "plunger" looking rod that when I manually moved it up and down it shot fuel out of the other side of the bowl. Does that sound right?

That's it , make sure it moves freely, and put a fuel filter in line to keep the trash out.

Well I took the side cover off today and found that the accel pump wasn't moving at all! I took the bowl off and cleaned the passages really good with carb cleaner and re assembled. Still had the side cover off and watched the plunger move up and down. I finally have the little spray of fuel when I thumb the throttle. When its idleing and I give it a good thumb it hesitates a little or stalls is this normal or should i replace my main jet? The only performance mod I have is a white bros muffler. Also is there supposed to be a spring or something that brings the plunger back up?

Kinda late- but did you check the electrical? There are safety switches on the e-brake system- I removed mine and had to complete the circuit by plugging the two leftover plugs together.

Yes there is a little spring that is suppose to push it back up. If you have an after market pipe, you will have to change the main jet too but it sounds like you fixed the original problem. If the pin didn't move, niether were you...... Main jet is real easy to replace, you just have to go a little deeper into the carb to replace it. Some pipes, like mine, come from the manuf. with the jet, did your's?

na i got the pipe used so I am runnin the stock main jet. It kinda cuts out from idle when you give it a good thumb full. but from what I've read its just how these carbs work. They are total POS's. So I am going to save some cash and get a HMF system brand new with the jets and see how that works. This white bro is wayyyy to loud for my area. lol

A accel. pump spring tip..... Take that wippy ass spring and throw it away. Find a retractable tip pen laying around, take it apart and use that spring in stead. Its a lot heaver and makes the pump able to slide better on the carb seal, that usually where it ends up getting cough.

warriorkid23 said:
So I am going to save some cash and get a HMF system brand new with the jets and see how that works. This white bro is wayyyy to loud for my area. lol

If a white bros is too loud, an HMF is probably a bad direction to move for a new pipe, HMF will most likley be louder unless the WB is totally shot, WB's are normally a quieter pipe.

My HMF without a sparky or quiet core (sparky has minimal effects on sound output) ran 104 db when I checked it after repacking it, it was 106 with the bad packing. ****'S LOUD!!! I love the sound of the HMF, but i'd have to describe it as being obnoxiously loud if you're riding near homes or where anyone might be disturbed by the noise. I continued to use mine because I rode in abandoned coal mines and other deserted areas like that, so there was nobody to bother and it actually added a level of safety because it made it easier to find the other riders if we would get split up at any point.

With the quiet core they're still around 99 or 100 i think, and that's still over the legal limit for most db-limited trail systems, and it chokes out the power some and in my opinion kills the good deep tone the hmf has. Still, 100 db isn't all that bad, i would just rather get something that doesn't have such a restricted quiet core. I've heard that HMF has redesigned it since I had mine (i bought mine within the first month they were on the market), so maybe they aren't as restrictive now. The yoshimura with the tec insert seems to be quieter and less restricted, although i've never used one so i can't confirm that.

well if u never rejet with different pipe thats your problem. otherwise its an accelerator pump issue as stated before

Back