Warrior with Edelbrock problems

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

howie099

Reaction score
My warrior did not have as many issues until I installed a Edelbrock carb to replace the stock one. Now no matter what I do I can not get it to start and run when it is warmed up. Even to get it to start when it is cold is a pain I have to hold the throtle in about a 1/8 way to get to start. I thought this carb was to make things easier. My warrior is pretty much stock in the engine except for an Air Filter and Cobra pipe. Ran fine with the OEM carb just had an idel problem going up and down, but the main jet was damaged by the last person that rebuilt it and after it was removed the carb was damaged. I need help I am about to throw this away and get a stock carb.

Ill take it if you throw it away.

It needs jetted right, thats your only problem. The edelbrock is made to be tuned and on an all stock motor your going to need to mess with it.

It takes a while to tune it right but once its done you will thank yourself everyday for buying it.
IMO you need to lean it up a good bit and adjust your pump shot. Go 2 clicks at a time leaner. and 1/2 turns on the pump shot.

I will mess with it more tonight. I hate messing with jetting . I can do everything else but I hate messing with jetting.

Back