warrior wheelies

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

americanmuscle

Reaction score
wat can i do to my warrior to make it easier to wheelie without having to pop my clutch.

put a pip/intake/and jet it to give it more power, you can also try standing and placing one knee on the seat to help you move your weight further back on the machine.

i dont really have 300 bucks to pipe it right now so if i cut the airbox lid and rejet it with a lower front sprocket u think that will get the front up easy

Why dont you want to use the clutch it makes it super easey. But if you dont want to use the clutch just pull up and give it gas at the top of a hill. Have fun and keep practicing and you will be able to ride a wheelie as far as you want avenchaley.

A combination of additional power, good tires, and just knowing how work the machine to your advantage will all help get the front end up. The warrior's weight balance is pretty far forward compared to most sport quads because of where the heavy engine is positioned, so you're never going to pull a wheelie as effortlessly as a 400ex. In my opinion, that's a good thing though, because a wheelie where you don't want one, such as while you're heading towards a tree, can be a bad thing. Another thing that limits a stock warrior with wheelies is the throttle response of the stock carb. With my edelbrock you can give the throttle a hard jab and throw your weight back and the front will come up in 2nd gear at just about any speed or surface. Not cheap though. Mostly though, get used to timing your movements so you throw your weight back right as the engine starts pulling, not when you actually hit the throttle. The more you lean back the easier the front end will come up, so even the right handlebars can help to a certain extent.

i just figured that it would mess up the clutch if u did it that way so i didnt want to break nuttin

i just figured that it would mess up the clutch if u did it that way so i didnt want to break nuttin

The warrior's clutch is pretty stout, I seriously doubt that you would do a noticeable amount of damage from wheelies. I've pulled really heavy stuff with my warrior with the clutch halfway out and 3/4 throttle because I had to go slow and it's still fine.

oo ok thats sounds good then ill prolly still just go down one tooth up front for extra low end.

But I can't really see the issue unless you're trying in 2nd gear or higher. Even with my jetting rich and my accelerator pump (what gives throttle response) broken I could lift it in first, and I only weigh around 150 lbs.

That could have something to do with it, probably losing some compression if you've got oil burning. Most likely you'll need a new piston or at least piston rings, plus a bore or hone, so while it's apart you might as well put in a high compression piston, that'll give you some extra kick.

how much will all that cost me. i wont be able to do it myself cuz im not good with engines

A wiseco high compression piston will run you about $120. A bore and hone at a machine shop is usually around $55, a few miscellaneous gaskets will be needed, and probably about 3 hours of labor. So figure on maybe $400 for the whole thing.

I would give it a shot, get a owners manual first. It's hard but with the book it's easy. The piston is about $100 depending on the brand, plus gaskets and a bore.

idk how long u think it would take for an idiot to finish it. lol cuz i aint the brightest with engines. and were can i get a manual. iv got one on my computer but it takes forever to get to the pages i need and everyting. i need a printed version.

anyone have any estiamtes at how long it will take to do this yourself for a first time

Probably about 5-6 hours. But you need to find a machine shop that can bore out your cylinder.

Back