Warrior turns over super slow.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beamesy7

Reaction score
Ive got all new cable with good connections, I have a new battery, and still my electric start hardly works. It will kill a fully charged battery before it starts, is this the starter? Soleniod? Starter clutch? Confused!!! I ordered a new soleniod, and starter, got the soleniod today going to try it tomarrow, hoping the starter is here real soon!

Check the ohms on the stator and pickup coil. My pickup coil was out of spec and causing exactly the same thing, it would start warm but had to pop start cold. Hope it helps!

if you hear alot of banging and slamming and generally chaos when you hit the button then it is the starter clutch... if the motor is turning but the starter really has to work then i guess i would have to point to the starter... seems kinda odd tho

it wouldnt be the solenoid, it is basically a switch, it either works or it doesnt

take starter apart, if the armature is completely smooth then its worn out, if the copper and whatever other metal are at different height then check your brushes. digging deep into mine

Back