warrior stroker/ bottom end rebuild

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yzdude250f

Reaction score
Well earlier this spring i finished my warrior top end build its listed in my signature below, i had a gear noise in first ect well it progressed slowly and now it sounds like a manual trans with wore out synchronizers and skips and chatters under load i have replaced the clutch that not the culprit (i parked it after this don't want to send shavings thru the motor)i refuse to give up on this quad i will take it to my grave before i buy a 400ex that all my buddies tell me is to sell it ,that's just not my nature to give up, i got it for free and i look at it as its paid for so it doesn't hurt to sit until i tear it down, The top end has maybe two hours on it since i built it, I can pick up used gear sets for 100.00 all day long, i need a left side case or get mine repaired/welded the previous owner threw the chain off, i would do a cam chain and my question is will a +4 mm hot rod crank work on my weisco high comp piston or are they incompatible, im fairly inclined mechanically is the bottom end a pita on these? My main concern is the shift drum and shifting mechanisms. any one have experience on tearing one down to the guts.This site has helped me this far i know it can help me out now. Thanks a ton:atv:

Alright thanks for clearing that up hell i don't think i would notice much with it any way, already have cam port work valves port and polish and high comp piston i will just hop on my yz250 if i feel the need for a thrill. my crank side toside play was in spec when i checked with feeler gauges i may put an oem type hot rods in it for safe measure no need to half a$$ a project. so its fairly simple would it be smart to replace the oil pump aswell

Last edited:
id just make sure its clean ... but if there is any chunks of metal in it just change it
i have a trans in the sale section for 60 + shipping .... i have 2 motors im parting out

I have a local guy selling me a trans gear set he just replied to my email or i would take that offer, so basically take the left and right side accessories off (clutch rotor balance shaft gears starter gears etc and loosen the case bolts flip it over to the right hand side and pull apart, only thing that confuses me is the shifting drum/fork assembly.

yeah thats really about it ... its pretty simple the forks are numbered as for the drum just when your putting it back together make sure your neutral notch facing down it will make life alot ez'er

and i used loctite gasket eliminator to seal the case back together as there is on gasket for that

shouldn't be to difficult then, I'm curious to see what came apart down there might tackle this project a little sooner than i thought now.

you'll never know till you get in there ... but it sounds alot like a bent shifter fork but who knows

hey man i have a whole bottom end cases are good and all the gears in a box. if interested id give u a deal.

i got a new bottom cause the crank went on me

Yeah it started as in intermitent noise that would go away with some rpm in first now it skips and chatters in first and second like its jumping teeth.

bump to the top i got a new bottom end with good trans gears and cases im picking up for 125.00 i want to put a new crank in it, do crank kits come with bearings and is the cam chain side bearing already installed, i know i need a flywheel puller my buddy has one i can borrow and i have the puller to split the cases with. will i need a crank installer that pulls the crank into the case or is there a home brew method.

Back