Warrior Starts as soon as kill switch is set to on

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3s1kill

Reaction score
Out of the blue my warrior starts as soon as you put the kill switch to the "On" position. I replaced the solenoid and it still doing it. The bike is in neutral, key is on, kill switch is off. When I flip the kill switch it starts on its own.

Not sure what's going on, my uncle took apart the kill switch and worked his magic and said the solenoid is bad. Weird thing is with the original solenoid after it sat for awhile it would start working again. Anyone else have this issue?

Sounds like there is a wire some where that its not supposed to be. You might wanna double check your uncles "magic" man cause if he got in there and messed with stuff and now it does it there's no telling. Haha. Good luck

He's a Yamaha mechanic and knows his stuff. I just told him I have the same issue after the new solenoid and he said there might me bad connection somewhere in between. Gonna have to trace the wires and see what's up.

My buddy had a similar issue on his 300ex except when he pulled the clutch it would start, I say similar cause it's on the same side as the kill switch, anyways more to the point. He stripped the left handle of all his switches. Electrical cables ad re built it found a few fraud wires replaced them and problem was solved. I would also look at what wires are running where, considering the kill switch and start switch are so close to each other I'm sure, your uncle coulda made a small mistake and crossed a wire, or its pinched in the casing and frayed such as my buddies 300

Just my0.02

I'm gonna see it I can trace the wires this week. It's weird it worked fine then all of a sudden this started happening. Another weird thing is if you let it sit for an hour it works fine.

Back