Warrior starting problems.....

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well I bought it last weekend knowing it had something electrical wrong with it. When I go to try to crank it with the electric start the engine turns and it has some clicking noise coming from the starter relay and the other relays, and it doesnt crank up. Ive tested to see if it is getting spark, and it does sometimes but sometimes it doesnt. Ive also used a screwdriver to connect the two bolts on the starter relay buy it does the same thing as when I press the electric start. Please help me in so anxious to ride it :-/

I dont think checking for spark is the right answer because if the engine is not cranking over fully you wont be getting spark, take your starter out its really easy and hook it up to a battery, you gotta ground it and then see if it spins, if it doesnt spin or it just spins a little bit then you know your starter is shot.......I had basically the same problem not that long ago I replaced my starter and i was good to go, make sure you test it before buying a new one htough

I changed the started relay, cdi box, and ignition coil and still dont crank up. I just got it put back together from taking it all apart to the frame to paint. And now the electric start does not work, nor does any of my lights. Im almost 100% sure ive got all the wiring correct.

Maybe a ground that bolts to the frame isnt geting a good conection because of the new paint. I dont know if the warrior has ground wires that bolt to the frame like other stuff iv worked on but its a thought.

You have one ground at the ignition coil. The other ground is on the motor (direct to the battery). You can check continuity through the frame.

It sounds like the connection for the starter button may not be making contact. It's the red/white wire.

This same thing happened to my warrior today, my starter was bad all i heard when i hit the electric start was the clicking from the solenoid. But i tapped on the starter with a hammer and it started right up. As for the lights not working on your quad you may have just blown the fuse. That what happened to me trying to figure out why it wouldn't start

Back