Warrior starting issues

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiamiE

Reaction score
I know my bike will start as it ran yesterday for an hour or so idling fine and riding great. Today I went to try and start and I cannot get it to turn over. It acted like it wanted to initially but quickly stopped. Is there some kind of protocol to go through. Battery was charged and this bike has a new carb, stator, starter, starter relay, coil, and CDI. Pretty much started on first push yesterday.

I am having an issue with the float bowl sticking which is making it gush out fuel through the bottom vent line but it was doing this yesterday and running fine. Not exactly sure where to go from here. Temps were cooler today around 55.
user_online.gif

I was having the same problem, and I found that the ground wire coming off of the battery that goes to the case was loose so I tightened the bolt and it started fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright I looked over everything and this is as good as I could get with some starting fluid.

Starts up and revs real high then shuts off.

what brand carb did you put on because it seems like the choke is stuck on or the float in the bowl is stuck off (you said is pours gas out of the over flow so it would be stuck on did you check to make sure there is enough gas in it since it was leaking out) if it only starts with starting fluid

I pulled the lower bowl and tapped the float to see if it was stuck and it wasn't. I put it back on and fuel no longer pours out. The carb is a brand new Zoom zoom carb from eBay.

Back