Warrior Starting issues

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazypete00

Reaction score
Hey guys, been a stalker on the forums for a while but only recently registered.

I've had a search around and the usual causes of my issue i have replaced/fixed and it hasn't sorted my issue.

So.....

i have a 2001 yfm350 warrior.

1. I couldn't start the quad, i had to pull the clutch in to start it - found that the neutral light bulb had blown. replaced it and now it started without having to pull the clutch in.

2. Now the main issue. When trying to start the quad with the start button the starter solenoid just rapidly clicks. I have replaced the solenoid but it does the same thing. If i bridge the terminals on the solenoid it starts. Now this is where my issue is slightly different. on the solenoid i have 4 cables, 2 large cables and 2 smaller cables. The smaller red cable runs to the start switch on the handle bars, and the blue/white cable runs to the starter circuit cut off relay 29u-93. if i run a cable from the blue/white cable straight to the positive side of the battery, and then press the start button the quad starts fine.

so does this mean that possibly the starter circuit relay is knackered? or is your money on a second faulty starter solenoid?

P.S. it isnt the battery because it does the same with a battery booster on it.

update: cleaned all the connections i could.

the battery has dropped voltage, when i turn the key the voltage drops 3 volts!. so i put the booster on it in charge mode, supplies about 14v max. when i turn the key it drops to 10.5v. the quad will start just about, for a few seconds the solenoid clicks rapidly but the engages and fires up.

so what could cause the voltage to drop so much when the key is turned?

Back