Warrior sputtering when holding throttle in one position?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remeber when I first got my warrior and it would start up and run but when I lay the throttle down it would just pop pop pop and pop and back fire and it just had no power and what I found to be wrong with mine was the cdi ignition box was bad I replaced it and Now it revs high and lots of power.

I replaced the cdi still doing it. It's burning oil I was just curious if that would cause this?

If it is smoking the whole time it is running it will sputter. Oil is harder to burn then gas.

I have a 2002 warrior..it ran fine until I changed the air filter (moose racing pre-oiled) now its doing the same thing as warriorpride87 is talking about. could it be the same problem as his or the air filter.

Changed the rings now there's just a little bit of smoke barely any I can't really tell the color that well but it's still studdering I changed the valve seals and also the little rings in the carb on the slide what else could I check?

I know nothing about the jetting how do you adjust this or do you have to buy new jets?

first pull the spark plug and post a clear pic of it so we can see the ceramic inside

FC6287C5-D3EC-4842-8D78-BF360CCA79DF-1230-000001055A5E5B76_zps5b2daaa8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I believe there might be some oil getting in to the chamber but they're new rings

What jets are is bike again ... Looks rich to me... What position is the throttle in when it sputters

Stock jetting stock bore in neutral it will Stutter at any position if I hold it there and and riding it will do it if I hold it in any position unless Im going balls to the wall with full throttle it won't stutter but if I leave it at one position keep constant speed it sputters like its nobody's business

Back