warrior shocks

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camaroz28

Reaction score
ok..... well .....im over due for shocks front and back (since they are stock lol) what do you guys suggest are the best for the warrior for a reasonable price?

seems alot of ppl have works shocks. their not as expensive as the others but ive heard their pretty good. maybe someone who owns a set can tell u about them. but if u have the money then get some elkas.

how much are elkas? i saw pivots on motor sport outlet.com look like they are only 40 bucks i think its just bearings though; just out of curiousity do you know how long the stock shocks are supposed to last?

yeah on motosport thats just the bearings...do a search on the internet for price's on elkas..There better than works but if you dont feel like spending all yur money on shocks ..works are pretty good..it also depends on what kind of riding you do? it depends with the stock shocks. if your out launching off 30 foot jumps every time you ride thats gunna wear them out very quick(i know from personal expierence). but i have a 1997 and the shocks were ok until last sumer when i started jumping

700ish i think for the shocks with the ressies on ebay, they'll still custom make them to your specs i believe. elka's are def worth the money

A mid set of elkas with piggyback rezzis run between $750 and 800. WO rezzis run about $450 to 500. Works run around $350 to 400 WO rezzis, and $550 with remote rezzis. All prices are for shocks with dual rate springs, triple rate springs will run higher. You could get crazy with shocks so go with the best shock that suits your riding style. Remember the cheapest Works shocks are still 100 times better then stock, you won't believe the difference.

yea dave is right i payed about 900 for my elkas a bit ago and got asr a arms +2 but going with wider than stock will cost you a bit extra for other things like brake lines and stuff... but def worth the extra 100$ for the wider... i have the elkas and my dad has the works i like mine over his but his are really stiff ( made to his specs) but still better than stock by far.... asr arms are about 300$ adjustable

yea dave is right i payed about 900 for my elkas a bit ago and got asr a arms +2 but going with wider than stock will cost you a bit extra for other things like brake lines and stuff... but def worth the extra 100$ for the wider... i have the elkas and my dad has the works i like mine over his but his are really stiff ( made to his specs) but still better than stock by far.... asr arms are about 300$ adjustable
Yeah dude I would love a set of Elkas and conomplated many of times but can't justify spending over $800 because I don't race.

i know i said im trying to get them for a reasonable amount and i have about a thousand dollars just out of the bank right now so i might be spendin it on elkas

the only reason i can tell my shocks are shot is because when i go riding my wrists and arms are killing me for like 5 mins after the ride lol

the elkas are just a better system..there more adjustable for one reason..i think any ways..well there could be more reason's why your wrists and arms are hurting..but new shocks will help all around..i noticed you say that your running a 110 link chain? why? stock is 98 link

thats just what i ordered it was a while ago maybe two yrs ago and at the time i knew nothing and thought bigger was better and i was wrong lol

Dude if your racing, running serious woods, or just flat out kill you quad then go with the elkas, but otherwize there is no need to spend that kind of money on shocks when you will never use them to their full potential, save the money and get the Works and spend the money on making the quad faster. Just my opinion of course.

well with a faster bike makes you want to do bigger better things... so mabye if you go buy the works then spend money in the engine.... just a thought but possibly buying better shocks after that haha?

i have heard good things about the fox float shocks, they would be my first choice.

lol i m just gunna get the elkas now i got alot of extra money from a law suit and its all going into my quad lol
Dude for the same price you could have a Hotrods 400 stroker kit and a set of dual rate Works shocks, I'm tellin ya bro use your money right, a $900 set of elkas won't make the quad any faster then it is now, except for taking turns quicker.

Back