Warrior ?s

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xr600

Reaction score
Got a 2000 warrior stock with KN filter,FMF pipe,jetted.I run 22 Mudlights on the rear and stock gearing.It runs great but when Im on gravel or paved roads I have trouble keeping up with most other guys mostly 4x4 quads on topend.
I could keep up and out run them but I dont like to cruise at high RPMs for very long seems like it would be hard on motor.
If I go up one tooth on front will it hurt me much in the woods?Ive noticed on some hills I climp 1st is to low and 2nd is to high.What you guys think.

I have 22 mudlights and stock sprockets, UNI filter, Cobra pipe and jetting and top end is about the same as the 650 Cat and a little faster than the 450 KingQuad.
I have no reason to believe my engine has been modified, but you never know with an older used bike.

Front sprockets are cheap, you could go up 1 tooth and see if you like it.
I like a low 1st for bush and hills

Thanks guys Guess Ill try one higher up front.

Hey 400 killer do you think the bike runs better with your gearing?Would going up hurt say your drag times in say 300Ft or so

stock tires are 22s if you go down to 20 and up one tooth in front its sill stock you wont feel a difference so go 2 teeth on front

i ride with all faster quads ds650 ds450 raptor660 350banshee in the trails i can keep up but im in 6th .I have plenty left on the top cause it still pulls it just runs out of gear

I have an 11 tooth up front - DG pipe - with a 44 tooth rear..I dont keep up with anyone..thats what I got the banshee for..when I want them to keep up with me :)

Back